4 Posts

Shadowstar Corsairs» Forums » Rules

Subject: number of public contract rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
phil clone
msg tools

hello !
i m a new french player ! (played once a 5 players game)

- people can have one contract per ship
- in addiction player can take a public contract that doesn't count in the ship limit
on onother turn can player take another public contract ie can a player have more than one public contract at same time as they are not limited by in his ship number

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is always 1 public contract available that is put somewhere near the board (doe not belong to any player). And that is 1 total for all players in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phil clone
msg tools
Well my poor question will be more clear considering the public contrac is a « pick up and deliver” one .
How does it works ?
Do the first player that charge the cargo and mark it with cube in his ship take the public contract and post it in front of him?
Or can more than one player take the cargo mark them with cube and the public contract stay on the global board.

At any time someone will deliver ...at this time what about the cargo the others players have charged and are marked with a cube? Do they diseappear ?

There is a contract for another exemple that hask to put one credit and one mat stacked on the ship’s cargo slots and one you deliver you choose the one you can keep...what does the others player that would avec pick up those stacked cargo do if one has finished the contract?

So in my mind public contract of that type can be claimed by the first player that do the pickup phase at his turn
He post it in front of him and from that time only him can fullfill it.

For public contracts like battle ones they will stay one board side untill a battle in witch they can be resolves occurs.

Another way to treat that could be :

At his turn a player can claim the public contract and that public contract doesnt count in his limit (but has it was public evryone knews that objective.)
The only secret contract are those the player have thanks to their ship limit, free refill at cleanup phase.
At this time again 2 options :
- limit public contract at 1 posted by each player

- no limit : That means that players can have up to one more contract each turn .
but very few are secrets (those from the ship limit).

Can someone please explain me the way they play with public contract (deliver and otherones) ?
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wolfe
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

Thank you for bringing this up since it points out something I need to fix in the rules. But first, to answer your question:

Once a player "posts" a Contract (public or private), then it counts against his or her limit. In effect, once your post it the Contract becomes private (in that it is yours alone, it counts against your limit, and another Public one is needed). This means that you may well have to discard a Contract during the clean up phase (you can discard the public one you just posted if you wish).

The problem with the rule book is that there are two contradictory rules on page 17 (Equalize Contracts) and 18 (The Public Contract).

I'll update the Errata to specify that Public Contracts don't count against the limit unless posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.