Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Paterson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see there have been a few editions/prints of Formula D over the years. Are there any significant differences I should know about? I'm looking to trade for it, and want to make sure I don't hit any unsightly problem editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nakedmeeple wrote:
I see there have been a few editions/prints of Formula D over the years. Are there any significant differences I should know about? I'm looking to trade for it, and want to make sure I don't hit any unsightly problem editions.

Not really. They are all cross compatible, but the latest is the one that has the most going for it, for instance the fancy dashboards with pegs and gear shift plastic pieces, while the older version only used pencil and paper (plus a pawn for showing current gear). The newest version is also the only one that has the "street race" variant, and the different racer personalities, though I have to admit we seldom/never use them. The newest version also has a lot of different car minis, while the older all used the same car just in different color combinations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Paterson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
nakedmeeple wrote:

Not really. They are all cross compatible, but the latest is the one that has the most going for it, for instance the fancy dashboards with pegs and gear shift plastic pieces, while the older version only used pencil and paper (plus a pawn for showing current gear). The newest version is also the only one that has the "street race" variant, and the different racer personalities, though I have to admit we seldom/never use them. The newest version also has a lot of different car minis, while the older all used the same car just in different color combinations.

Is that the 2015 version, or the 2013?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
He is comparing Formula De with Formula D. Disregard it. I believe all versions of Formula D are the same regardless of printing dates.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nakedmeeple wrote:
Gawain wrote:
nakedmeeple wrote:

Everything 2008+ has those components. All of the Formula D games are the same, they just print a new run of it every few years to keep it on the shelves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nakedmeeple wrote:
Gawain wrote:
nakedmeeple wrote:

Sorry! Thought you meant differences between Formula D and the older Formula Dé etc. But no, all printings of Formula D are exactly the same, no differences. The rulebook has stayed just as vague through all the printings ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.