Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Explain Like I'm 5 [ELI5] how the rule for 5.1.3.3.2 works with the ranges being reversed.
Given everything else is crystal clear here I assume I am making it hard for myself.

Does 40 on the Point Blank section of the data card for ATGM mean you use the P range on the AP To Hit chart?
- I think I just answered my own question.

Please confirm.

@Jim Day this is a monster superb effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Sola Ramos
Spain
Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante
flag msg tools
The Panzer Pusher gives you prestige!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ATGMs must acquire their targets. When an ATGM leaves the launching tube it must fly a certain distance in order to be ready to acquire its objective. The nearer the objective, the harder to acquire it. The farther the objective is, the easier for the missile and for the operator to acquire and to mantain it. Thus the reversed ranges: if the objective is close, it is hard to hit it for the missile (thus the E range). If the objective is far, then it is easier to hit, thus the P range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just follow the example (gray box) at the top of p7 in the Advanced Game Rules. For ATGMs, the greater the range the better is the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.