Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Gaddie
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing Scenario 2 at the moment. The Soviet AI draws the order "AI closest to a Target > Move towards". However, LOS to that target (German Wagon) is blocked by smoke. So if the T-34a cannot see the target, does it still move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmb
LegioXIX wrote:
I'm playing Scenario 2 at the moment. The Soviet AI draws the order "AI closest to a Target > Move towards". However, LOS to that target (German Wagon) is blocked by smoke. So if the T-34a cannot see the target, does it still move?

Hi Brent,

Yes. LOS has no bearing on AI eligibility in movement commands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth Boucher
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sahava wrote:
LOS has no bearing on AI eligibility in movement commands.

How I would have loved to have had that line written in the solo rules somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOS never applies to movement, whether solo or 2-player (unless something outside the rule book specifically says its does).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HOWEVER, if your unit is hidden, it will be skipped over when determining which AI will move towards which target.

But yes, LoS does not factor in to distance rules and the like when determining which is active and which is target

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.