$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
39.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trade action taking popularity option with all workers on home base rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Winter
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I take the trade action if I don't have workers on the board if I plan to take the popularity option?

The reason I ask is because there's some text under the Trade->Resources section that states "You can't take the trade action if all of your workers are on your home base."

Seems pretty clear, but if it also applies to taking popularity, why not put that rule under the Trade header so that it's obvious that it applies to taking either the resources or the popularity option?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Chad,
My instinct tells me that you are correct in your interpretation. If the restriction was for popularity, as well, the rules would have reflected by having the restriction under the Trade header.
Cheers, David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason you cannot take the trade action as resources if all workers are on home base is because you have to place the gained resources (oil, food, wood, or metal) onto a territory containing at least one worker.

Home bases aren't territories.

You may take the trade action for popularity, with all your workers on home base.

The player board reads (assuming all upgrades are unlocked)

"Trade w/ (meeple icon) (resource wild icon)(resource wild icon) / (popularity icon)(popularity icon)"

Which is translates to "Trade with workers 2 resources of your choice, OR gain 2 popularity."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct. You can take the Trade action to pay for popularity even if all of your workers are on your home base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Winter
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.