Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking of finally picking up the go7 insert, and I was wondering if people recommended getting an extra set of dividers. Since I have extended and lots of promo characters, I don't expect the 35 it comes with to be enough, and I was curious what other people who owned one thought.

UPDATE: I pulled the trigger and got the insert and an extra pack of dividers. Using the dividers I was able to get all of DoI with light, dark, alt, and costume stuff. I also packed in the promos that came with DoI, but I wasn't able to get any of the others in. Overall it works much better than my previous method of trying to make the insert that it came with work. However, I did have a some issues with the insert and it could definitely be improved.

First off, the cut in the dividers is great for allowing you to pull stuff out easily. However, the wood pieces are missing this feature making cards at the ends of the row much more difficult to remove. I have my bases at the end of one of the rows, and I will definitely have to remove a few at a time to get them out.

Second, while I was able to put some stuff in the extra bit on the end, I think the design would be MUCH better if they removed some of that space and made the row dividing pieces twice as thick. There were several times I wanted to put in a divider but could not due to there already being a divider in the same spot on a neighboring row.

Lastly, I am glad I got the extra dividers, but having to buy 15 is a bit silly. I ended up using 6, but could have easily done with 5. I don't see how it is possible to use all 15 since I packed it pretty tight, and they are specific to this insert so they can't be used in another go7 system.

Overall the insert is much better than what comes with the box, but considering what I paid, I was left a little disappointed with the generic feel. It really seemed like they took their basic CCG box and just respaced it for the DoI box without really putting much effort into addressing issues specific to the needs of this game. The insert is definitely an improvement, but I don't think I would buy from them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend an extra set of dividers, especially if you're doing 2-slot character spacing rather than 3 (which is what I'm doing at the moment).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vines
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have that box and insert, but I bag each character up in a 3" x 5" plastic bag like https://www.amazon.com/Reclosable-Plastic-Bag-4-mil-Lock/dp/.... I really like this for character selection, as the complete kit is always all together.

However, in that box, the columns then become just a few mills too narrow to arrange them as you would with just the cards. So I've had to turn them all 90% and make several rows of 4-6 fighters in each column. I'm not totally happy with it, but I'm just not willing to ditch the individually wrapped fighters to make my storage box look prettier. If I ever get my hands on a laser cutter, I may make my own inserts that are just a bit wider, and ditch the extra narrow column on the right.

All that to say, what I do have behind dividers (armory, light and shadow, strikers, etc) is a pain to get out of the box. So I don't think I would want to put each character in between them.

This is everything BattleCon so far, minus mats of course, and Evil Hikaru. Which I hope will be widely available when Trials drops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.