Subject: Star Trek Five Year Mission [Target] Clearance $10.48 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Byer
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found Star Trek: Five-Year Mission at the McCandless Target in Pittsburgh, PA on clearance for $10.48. There were 5 left on the shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's a fairly rare one, only 12% of Targets have it in stock anymore.

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?dpci=087-10-13...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Byer
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly, but for those in the Pittsburgh area it would be worth a trip. I also grabbed the last Carcassone for $11.98.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ooo, wonder if they will drop the price at my local Target on this one soon. For $11 I think I'd be willing to pull the trigger. They still have 4 or 5 in stock (just still at $18).

Might pick up another X-Wing starter if the price drops on that one again as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Schmitz
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:

They must be storing all of them at the Targets by my house... I swear they all have 20+ copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Leedguitar wrote:
damiangerous wrote:

They must be storing all of them at the Targets by my house... I swear they all have 20+ copies.

Same, there are 2 spots in the store they have full rows of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Wow you hovered. I'm honored.
badge
My Dog Has Fleas
mbmbmbmbmb
The sad thing is I believe this is coming up on Tabletop this season - which means they will be in demand shortly after...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good game! We have always enjoyed it when we play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Left Hand Reviews
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was just at target yesterday and saw several there, but it was like $16 bucks. They must have lowered the price again. I didn't pick it up, but I did grab Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers on clearance for $9.20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chadwick12 wrote:
Found Star Trek: Five-Year Mission at the McCandless Target in Pittsburgh, PA on clearance for $10.48. There were 5 left on the shelf.

One of my local Targets have 4 copies, but they are still at $17.50 (sticker and scanned).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bet he's lots of fun at parties.
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... our Targets don't carry most of these games. Just Codenames/Pandemic/Catan. Yay for small towns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cinderbike wrote:
Yeah... our Targets don't carry most of these games. Just Codenames/Pandemic/Catan. Yay for small towns.

I'm in Charlotte, NC. Probably the only large city for many many miles. There's at least 5 Target stores on the many routes I can take on my commute (about 12 miles).

Only one of them has this game at the 70% clearance level. Most of the rest don't even carry it.

It's a similar story for Xwing... a different one of the five sells it at 70%. The rest have many copies at 30%

The one that boggles me now is Carcassonne. It had a clearance sticker before; but yesterday it had none.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
saw 3 copies of this at $10 something in Plainfield IN
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
chadwick12 wrote:

One of my local Targets have 4 copies, but they are still at $17.50 (sticker and scanned).

My Target in MN. dropped these to $10.50 yesterday. I also heard some stores dropping Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers to $9 now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Schmitz
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed the drop to $9 on the Magic game as well. I went to grab the Star Trek game for $10, and they have had so many that I think I'll wait until the next drop. I don't like Star Trek, but I am interested in the gameplay. Seems like a fun and light dice rolling game that could be a good filler on guys night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the discussion in the other thread, only seasonal merchandise drops to 90% off. 70% off MSRP is as low as any of these games are going to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Leedguitar wrote:
I noticed the drop to $9 on the Magic game as well. I went to grab the Star Trek game for $10, and they have had so many that I think I'll wait until the next drop. I don't like Star Trek, but I am interested in the gameplay. Seems like a fun and light dice rolling game that could be a good filler on guys night.

$10 is the bottom price. After 2 or 3 weeks, they will be packaged up and sent back to distribution - or to goodwill.

There won't be another price drop if you are already at 70%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Deep Space D-6
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this up on a whim thanks to this thread and found it thoroughly enjoyable.

I've had fun with it solo and look forward to trying it with some of my casual gaming friends.

I can see why it was picked for an episode of Tabletop. Mayfair wasn't wrong in thinking this game could have enough mass appeal to be sold in Targets, but I think they missed the mark on things like the box size, cover design, and copy writing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karl paulsen

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
I'm going to echo the thanks for this topic!

I drove out into the suburbs to get it yesterday and my wife and I tried it last night. Neither of us is a hardcore Trek fan, but we found it to be a very good dice game and the the theme -though a bit thin- added at least a little bit fun. We'll definitely be playing it again and I think it will very likely be at least one of the options when we play games with non-gamers.

The one negative thing I will say though is that the cards are pretty cheap. One was already a bit scuffed on the edges after one play! Nothing a pack of penny sleeves can't fix, but something to consider.

Still it's a fun game and though I probably wouldn't have paid much more than $10.48 it's probably still a solid value at twice that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boniface
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tampa Update:

According to brickseek there are 4 Target stores in my local area with this game in stock: Tampa West, Tampa North, Brandon, Clearwater
Only 3 are listed on that site with the clearance price: Tampa West & Tampa North, Clearwater.

I took a look at Tampa West today, site listed 6 in stock, but none were found. When I spoke with an employee he referenced his "ME device" and explained that the inventory numbers were correct, but the product was listed as Sold Out. This could have been from lost/stolen inventory, or destruction of products after a certain date.

He checked other locations and noted that the only store where it wasn't listed "sold out" was Clearwater.

I may call them tomorrow to check their stock rather than driving all the way out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lady Baynes
msg tools
Thanks for the tip. There were a bunch at the Roseville, CA Target and at that price, totally worth it. It is a fun little light game our family has enjoyed in between the heavier fare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karl paulsen

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
Looks like Target has already surplussed a bunch of these off to Goodwill. There were 5 copies for $9.99 each at the Goodwill shop in North Riverside, IL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
justin barnhill
United States
Oxford
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmb
wow! yeah; they really dumped these quick....there were stores in my area w/double digit stock that are now zero'd out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karl paulsen

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
I don't even remember seeing them on the shelves around here before they were clearanced out. I wonder if they didn't put them out early enough and by the time they were put out it was time to put new products out.

Really a shame since it's a very fun game. The wife and I (neither are Trek fans) took the game on vacation and played it with two other couples last week. Both agreed that it was a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.