Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very simple question I'm surprised I haven't been able to answer on my own:

Are rumor cards from different expansions (Small box and/or H&M packs) intended to be mixed together in one campaign, or is the intent for the OL to pick a specific line, saving unrelated narratives lines for future campaigns (akin to how the Overlord is restricted to picking one plot deck from their collection for a specific campaign)?

Reading through some threads has left me scratching my head in this regard -- I had assumed they were mutually exclusive since any one campaign is only a small number of Act I and Act II main quests. But others have suggested mixing at least the Hero & Monster pack rumors with those from a small box expansion.

Ultimately I ask because I'm awaiting my sole small box purchase (Trollfens), and am curious whether I'd gain much on the rumor front from ordering a second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ozga
msg tools
By the rules you should mix all the rumor cards from expansions you are using for the game into one deck.
Of course you may decide to ignore that and house rule that your rumor deck will consist only of cards from single expansion but I wouldn't do that.

The non quest cards are usually not tightly related to quests any way and you have more potential variety in game.
About the quests, by the rules you can't play for example two act I quests from trollfens because when you play first one you need to discard others.
Even with additional quests from HM packs I wouldn't recommend playing more that one rumor "quest line" per campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.