3 Posts

BattleCON: Fate of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: Illustrations on the BASE cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lari Rissanen
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello, hello! I'm new to the game but kinda like it a lot.

There's a tiny nitpick that I have though.

The attack illustrations on the cards don't really evoke the feeling of what is supposed to be happening to me.

Strike, Dash and Grasp are fine but Burst, for example, looks just like a punch delivered while stationary. Shouldn't it more likely show someone dodging backwards and avoiding a strike?

I looked at the earlier illustrations with the more stick-figure-like pictures and to me those brought out what is happening better than the new illustrations... (Which *are* more detailed, I'll grant them that.) The new ones just don't seem to bring out the opposition of the different attacks like the ones did before. With which I mean that Burst beats Strike, Strike beats Drive, Drive beats Burst and so on.

Maybe I'm alone in this but it did irk me immediately. I picture the moves in my head while playing and the illustrations don't really match my thoughts... yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree about burst, but what can you do? The stick figure illustration of burst seemed to convey the action better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vines
United States
Blue Springs
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually like the originals better as well, but the new ones are ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.