Subject: availability of the Cthulhu Wars expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sven De Braekeleir
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Hi

just bought the basic set and I'm very impressed with it.
I'd like to add a few of the other factions (Azathoth, Wendigo etc) and perhaps a different map or something.
Just can't seem to find any shop selling it.
Does anyone know where I could get any of these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Doe
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
I think your best option is to get in as a late backer here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1816687860/cthulhu-wars...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're wanting to add new stuff right away, EBay or the BGG marketplace would be your best bets. But as the above post suggests, becoming a late backer to Onslaught 2 is the cheapest and best way to get them until they hit retail some time next year. You'll be able to choose from the original expansions and the new ones that haven't been released yet. As well as upgraded components for your base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope everything eventually gets released, I don't really care too much about the new Maps (yet) - but I added on all the upgraded components so when I do eventually get the game I'll have them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adonai_80 wrote:
I hope everything eventually gets released, I don't really care too much about the new Maps (yet) - but I added on all the upgraded components so when I do eventually get the game I'll have them.

As has been discussed before, that depends entirely on retail sales. And even if sales really take off, it will still be a few years before everything is eventually released to retail.

In the meantime, the OS2 campaign is the best bet for games. We (GLGames) will also have everything for sale once the campaign is over, in case anyone can't pledge right now for some reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeh, I just can't afford it now, so it's cool there will be options!

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansions will be available at retail over time we aren't going to release all of the expansions all at once. Have you ever seen a new game come out with 11 expansions at launch?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the Rules of Aquisition states that "you should buy something when it is cheap".

I decided to buy lots off stuff now, because shiping increase was minimal. To put it in numbers, buying now allowed me to buy another faction expansion ($50) only because it would cost the same to ship me the same expansion ($60+ on retail).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kayne Brookes
msg tools
Night fell and the hours dragged on, but still we murmured to each other of the King and the Pallid Mask, and midnight sounded from the misty spires in the fog-wrapped city.
badge
We spoke of Hastur and of Cassilda, while outside the fog rolled against the blank window-panes as the cloud waves roll and break on the shores of Hali.
mbmbmbmbmb
Venshad wrote:
One of the Rules of Aquisition states that "you should buy something when it is cheap".

I decided to buy lots off stuff now, because shiping increase was minimal. To put it in numbers, buying now allowed me to buy another faction expansion ($50) only because it would cost the same to ship me the same expansion ($60+ on retail).

You're from Brazil. Don't you guys pay for shipping with surplus kidneys?

Edit: spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Freitas
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
buruburub wrote:
Venshad wrote:

You're from Brazil. Don't you guys pay for shipping with surplus kidneys?

Edit: spelling

Indeed. When buying abroad I have to do the following calc: (Product Price + Shipping) * 60% Customs.

If bringing by courrier like FEDEX and UPS, I need to add more 20% AFTER the previous calc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.