BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Early reports that DWS (Shultz) is stepping down rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Fitt
Thailand
Chang Mai
flag msg tools

I see on Yahoo that DWS is stepping down over the emails scandal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, she's out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the Democrats talking heads blaming the Russians, which makes me wonder how easy it is for the Russians to gain access to the DNC servers and HRC's home servers.

These people have no credibility no national security issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
And DWS gets an immediate payback from Hillary: https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/statements/2016/07/2...

DWS is now Hillary's "honorary campaign chair", whatever the hell that means. In any case I'm sure it involves a significant sum of money for the help DWS gave against Sanders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="sfox"]And DWS gets an immediate payback from Hillary: https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/statements/2016/07/2...

DWS is now Hillary's "honorary campaign chair", whatever the hell that means. In any case I'm sure it involves a significant sum of money for the help DWS gave against Sanders.[/]

Just a prequel of the kickbacks that will be sure to happen with a Hillary Presidency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if she was doing work for the campaign she should be paid for it eh?

I'm also not overly convinced a party aparatus should be neutral. Government aparatus yes, but interally as a party?

Still, I'm not fussed she's gone either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

I'm also not overly convinced a party aparatus should be neutral. Government aparatus yes, but interally as a party?

Not an unreasonable argument, certainly I'd hope that the Dems could manage to suppress a candidate anywhere near as bad as Trump from getting the nomination. The super delegate system certainly makes that a far less likely outcome so I actually think it is a good policy, although I do find it extremely questionable that the super delegates can make their vote known before their state even votes.

If it were up to me I'd keep the super delegate system but with an additional rule that any super delegate who makes their vote known before the convention loses their vote. I do think that the way the press talked about the super delegates played a significant role in ending Bernie's campaign a bit early. He kept on going but it was obvious that it was over months ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
And DWS gets an immediate payback from Hillary: https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/statements/2016/07/2...

DWS is now Hillary's "honorary campaign chair", whatever the hell that means. In any case I'm sure it involves a significant sum of money for the help DWS gave against Sanders.

Is this for real ? I saw someone post it on facebook and thought it was a joke.

Feelin the Burn !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

Feelin the Burn !
If it is true it is incredibly arrogant in the face of trying to sway Bernie supporters to go her way. Stein better jump on this if it gets corroborated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:

Feelin the Burn !
If it is true it is incredibly arrogant in the face of trying to sway Bernie supporters to go her way. Stein better jump on this if it gets corroborated.

The page I linked to is an official statement on Hillary Clinton's campaign site, how much more corroboration do you need?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:

Feelin the Burn !

The page I linked to is an official statement on Hillary Clinton's campaign site, how much more corroboration do you need?

Well considering how much Hillary lies I can see why someone would question the source.

<rimshot>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
Oh I see, I didn't read the URL, I just saw the name of the site as "The Briefing" and thought it was some DC blog. Totally dumb. It just further cements her reputation as a player of insider politics.

Sure, she (DWS) probably is "effective" at her job, but it isn't worth it for the image hit I think. There are other effective fish in the sea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

Not an unreasonable argument, certainly I'd hope that the Dems could manage to suppress a candidate anywhere near as bad as Trump from getting the nomination. The super delegate system certainly makes that a far less likely outcome so I actually think it is a good policy, although I do find it extremely questionable that the super delegates can make their vote known before their state even votes.

If it were up to me I'd keep the super delegate system but with an additional rule that any super delegate who makes their vote known before the convention loses their vote. I do think that the way the press talked about the super delegates played a significant role in ending Bernie's campaign a bit early. He kept on going but it was obvious that it was over months ago.

Both parties are in a wierd place. Primaries are basically polling and publicity tools from the point of the parties in genersl. They are a powerful tool thst have been twisting in the hands of the wielder. As you said the super delegstes probably 'saved' the dems, while the Reps were left at the mercy of the publicity tool they built this election cycle.

I'd preffer a more deliberstive selection process myself, limited to the party heads themselves. This would lut them in the situation of having to really vet and engage with the wants of their constituents much more. It would strip a lot of name recognition from the process, and it would give third parties much more chance, as there would be less time for a major party to recoup a miscalculation.

As it stands there's plenty of time for the major parties to adjust and fake almost any platform convincingly enough to sway the margins who would go third party otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like she did not get a warm reception at the Convention this morning:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/chaos-erupts-as-wasser...

“Honestly, it’s their fault that this happened. There is absolutely no reason that a day after rightfully resigning in disgrace with the quote 'Bernie Sanders will not be president' leaked from an email that she should be addressing the delegates," Riker said. "It’s bad for the party, it looks biased and, quite frankly, it looks tone-deaf.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really, can this election get much more horrible? Can't we reboot the primaries?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

Still, I'm not fussed she's gone either.

Sure, except you piss off all the people in your party who support someone else, and set up a rigged system that people don't support or believe in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
Sure, except you piss off all the people in your party who support someone else, and set up a rigged system that people don't support or believe in.
Exactly. The primaries become an exercise in effective party propaganda and not a selection of the "best" candidate to represent the party. In the GOP case, the party lost their game and got Trump, the Democrats won theirs and got Clinton, but then got caught.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Really, can this election get much more horrible? Can't we reboot the primaries?

It's our own fault. As a Ron White says, "You can't fix stupid."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:

Um.. at least a few more going by her past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taco Bowl Engagement. Tisk tisk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just substitute Hillary for Damien.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crypt Keeper
United States
California
flag msg tools
None shall pass!
badge
'Tis but a scratch.
mbmbmbmbmb

Now there's a story that Schultz was immediatly hired on by the Clinton campaign. If true, why would they do this? To soften her downfall? To reward her loyalty? To keep her mouth shut? There must be some good reason because it's quickly becoming a joke with a built in punchline. Needless to say, the Sanders camp isn't very happy with the news.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Gialmere wrote:
Can anyone confirm this?

4th post in this thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
The optics are terrible, but it's an "honorary" position: no duties. Basically a payoff and so she would step down without a fuss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.