Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Via the rulebook, it says you can use a privilage point to swap docking houses before fishing. However, the rule seems to contradict itself. It says you can swap "any 2 neighboring islands" (neighboring to me means they are next to each other, 1 space away). But then says "the islands dont need to be connected via sail routes".... ie, not neighboring, such as island A with C for example.

So which is it ? If I want to swap, can I pick any 2 islands, or must they be adjacent ? Thanx in advance !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Roberts
United Kingdom
Burton On Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Sysop of "Big Bang Burger Bar" Forum (www.bigbangburgerbar.co.uk)
badge
Organiser of "Raiders of the Game Cupboard" (www.raidersofthegamecupboard.co.uk)
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:
Via the rulebook, it says you can use a privilage point to swap docking houses before fishing. However, the rule seems to contradict itself. It says you can swap "any 2 neighboring islands" (neighboring to me means they are next to each other, 1 space away). But then says "the islands dont need to be connected via sail routes".... ie, not neighboring, such as island A with C for example.

So which is it ? If I want to swap, can I pick any 2 islands, or must they be adjacent ? Thanx in advance !

Using the privilege to swap docking houses allows you to swap them from *any* 2 islands, they do not have to be adjacent for this purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yu Chen Tseng
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
The "neighboring islands" means islands which are neighbors of Burano!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Duncan
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
yuchentseng wrote:
The "neighboring islands" means islands which are neighbors of Burano!

This specific wording "neighboring islands" has caused quite a bit of confusion in the plays I have had. Definitely a recommendation to remove/replace the word neighboring in future rulebook editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.