$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
41.4% of Goal | left

Support:

Mariusz
Poland
Krakow
flag msg tools
Hi,
I have just started generating my first solo scenario and I have one question.
Russian card 01 special rule says: +1 action card at the begining of each round.
What a bonus it gives to AI?
I know what to do with CAPS but dont know what to do with action cards?
If AI receives extra command cards - it means:
1) at the begining of game,
or
2) at the beginning of every round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
From a Q. and A. I found somewhere:

Q. For the Soviet side, I picked generator card 01, Special Rule: Well Prepared. This gives the Soviets an extra action card at the beginning of each round. But the Soviet side ended up being the AI, which doesn't get action cards. How do I handle this?

A. The order is ignored. Note that you still play the associated mission tile, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz
Poland
Krakow
flag msg tools
Thank You Brett.
And where I can find this FAQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't remember where I found it, it's just a document on my computer. In fact, the more I think about it the more I think I was the one who asked the question above.

Here's the whole document:

Note: The Victory Point Marker starts with one VP for the AI side.

When playing a card that says, “Place a card’s units on the map,” you may place units from one card you’ve already played (not one you haven’t yet played) anywhere you’d like on the map.
Similarly, the card that says “Place up to two units anywhere on the map” means units from a card you’ve already played.

Q. and A. (Answers from designer)

Q. For the Soviet side, I picked generator card 01, Special Rule: Well Prepared. This gives the Soviets an extra action card at the beginning of each round. But the Soviet side ended up being the AI, which doesn't get action cards. How do I handle this?

A. The order is ignored. Note that you still play the associated mission tile, though.

Q. What if there are more than two mission tiles to place? On the solo mission sheet there are
spaces only for “tile one” and “tile two.”

A. We have never seen more than two mission tiles being placed. But if this is the case, place
the third one on the next open Mission Tile spot and rotate the tiles downward in order. 

Q. Why are the Mission Tile spaces on the Offense Generated side labeled "Mission Tile 1A,
Mission Tile 1B" etc. while the spaces on the Defense Generated side simply labeled
"Mission Tile 1"?

A. Good catch Brett, my mistake. I added the letters, to make the number sequence easier to
follow. Ex: 1a, 1b, 1c... is easier than just 1, 1, 1..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz
Poland
Krakow
flag msg tools
Thanks again Brett

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mission tiles for these cards are a bit stronger for the AI to compensate for the AI not getting the action card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.