$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 125.78

7,483 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.2% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » News

Subject: Protectorate Starfighter Preview Article rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the link:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/25/fearles...

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the spoiled cards:










1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fearlessness is going to make Autoblaster cannons and turrets a thing. Too bad it can't stack with Accuracy Corrector, that would be sick.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is this ship from?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
msg tools
mbmbmb
monkeykins wrote:
What is this ship from?


Star Wars Rebels, I believe.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeykins wrote:
What is this ship from?
The Rebels TV show. It was in one episode and crushed some A-Wings.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
So it gets boost, barrel roll, and that dial appears to show the tallon roll? Holy crap.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
So it gets boost, barrel roll, and that dial appears to show the tallon roll? Holy crap.
The maneuver I'm really hoping to see is any hard green. That's the thing that puts Soontir and The Inquisitor on a whole other level. Being able to use Push The Limit turn after turn and staying in the fight is crazy powerful.

Also, I'm hoping for a longer K-Turn to go with that Talon Roll. A 2 t-roll might be hard to pull off in a clogged area.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks a bit like the fighters in the Buck Rogers tv series.



7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Compared to the Protectorate Fighter, the ARC-170 really looks dull. The scum ship really has better pilots with far more interesting abilities.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott S
msg tools
DailyRich wrote:
Fearlessness is going to make Autoblaster cannons and turrets a thing. Too bad it can't stack with Accuracy Corrector, that would be sick.


Don't forget, it works with Auxiliary Arcs. You really, really, really don't want to get behind Kath...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sithborg wrote:
DailyRich wrote:
Fearlessness is going to make Autoblaster cannons and turrets a thing. Too bad it can't stack with Accuracy Corrector, that would be sick.


Don't forget, it works with Auxiliary Arcs. You really, really, really don't want to get behind Kath...
Unless you're in a protectorate fighter at range 1!!! Complete madness!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
God rest you merry
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
The artwork. My God the artwork. Just played a 100-point game yesterday. A total blast. But I think I invest in this game as much for the artwork as I do for the pew pew pew.

FFG is missing out on a large market for wall-sized prints of the cards' artwork.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
August222 wrote:
The artwork. My God the artwork. Just played a 100-point game yesterday. A total blast. But I think I invest in this game as much for the artwork as I do for the pew pew pew.

FFG is missing out on a large market for wall-sized prints of the cards' artwork.
Many of the artists who do the cards will be at gencon selling full size prints. Not exactly cheap though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of the artists are posting their works on DeviantArt, too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
monkeykins wrote:
What is this ship from?
The Rebels TV show. It was in one episode and crushed some A-Wings.


Pretty sure it's also in Clone Wars flown by Death Watch in Season 4 or 5.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Wahlsten
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
killerardvark wrote:
monkeykins wrote:
What is this ship from?
The Rebels TV show. It was in one episode and crushed some A-Wings.


Pretty sure it's also in Clone Wars flown by Death Watch in Season 4 or 5.


Nope, that's a similar, but much larger craft.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kom%27rk-class_fighter
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
God rest you merry
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
August222 wrote:
The artwork. My God the artwork. Just played a 100-point game yesterday. A total blast. But I think I invest in this game as much for the artwork as I do for the pew pew pew.

FFG is missing out on a large market for wall-sized prints of the cards' artwork.
Many of the artists who do the cards will be at gencon selling full size prints. Not exactly cheap though.


That is great to know. How expensive?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
August222 wrote:
killerardvark wrote:
August222 wrote:
The artwork. My God the artwork. Just played a 100-point game yesterday. A total blast. But I think I invest in this game as much for the artwork as I do for the pew pew pew.

FFG is missing out on a large market for wall-sized prints of the cards' artwork.
Many of the artists who do the cards will be at gencon selling full size prints. Not exactly cheap though.


That is great to know. How expensive?
No idea, just speaking from experience walking through the art area. Original pieces are usually $100+ and prints can go from $10+ depending upon size. Every artist is different. I'll let you know when I get there
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
God rest you merry
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
August222 wrote:
killerardvark wrote:
August222 wrote:
The artwork. My God the artwork. Just played a 100-point game yesterday. A total blast. But I think I invest in this game as much for the artwork as I do for the pew pew pew.

FFG is missing out on a large market for wall-sized prints of the cards' artwork.
Many of the artists who do the cards will be at gencon selling full size prints. Not exactly cheap though.


That is great to know. How expensive?
No idea, just speaking from experience walking through the art area. Original pieces are usually $100+ and prints can go from $10+ depending upon size. Every artist is different. I'll let you know when I get there


That would be excellent. Let me know.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.