5 Posts

T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: Choosing new receptacle (still keeping items from last run?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terra Nigma
msg tools
mb
Hi. I couldn't find the answer to this question anywhere yet.

Let's say I chose receptacle A in the first game and collected two items with this receptacle.

Can I then choose in the 2nd run receptacle B and still keep the items I have collected from the 1st run with receptacle A?

Thanks for your answers.

Much appreciated! =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only items you keep between runs are those that have the T.I.M.E agency system on them. Most items will need to be reacquired on the next run by going to the same place you picked them up before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello SchillerMusic,

if there is no symbol of the Time Agency on an item than you may not keep the item for future runs.

In most cases there won't be such a symbol on a card.

So even if you do not change the receptacle you (probably) won't keep your items.

EDIT: State tokens are also lost if you finish your run except some component says you may keep the token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To paraphrase the above for the additional case,

If the Item DOES have the Time Agency symbol, then you keep it between Runs even if choosing a different Receptacle. No Time Agency symbol on an Item means to always return the Item to the deck between Runs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes in practice (at least through Asylum and Marcy) you carry over items of the category "information" not "stuff."

So for example, (made up) you might carry over the combination to a safe but not a set of lock picks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.