45% of Goal | left

Support:

Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for physical dimensions for the CE influence blocks or the DE influence counters. I've searched everywhere, can't find the info. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Gotta go slow, gotta go fast, gotta swing low when I walk past..."
badge
Turtle Cat (2/26/16) by Rachel Kremer of semicoop.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The CE markers are 5/8" square, slightly less than 1/4" deep. Best replacements I've found are from Print&Play Productions which does the right LxW but incorrect depth (and they only have black tiles, so you'll have to either use a heavy spray paint or sand them). If you have a source on natural ones, I'd like a heads up (I've been prototyping the black ones myself for "uncontrolled" markers and leaving the colored bits with the game for controlled).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Grayson. I looked for natural ones today, but couldn't find any. I may grab a few of the black ones to see how they'd work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Gotta go slow, gotta go fast, gotta swing low when I walk past..."
badge
Turtle Cat (2/26/16) by Rachel Kremer of semicoop.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff wrote:
Thanks, Grayson. I looked for natural ones today, but couldn't find any. I may grab a few of the black ones to see how they'd work.

Finding black/red/blue ink (for neutral blocks) and number stampers isn't particularly hard. Finding white ink that looks good on black backgrounds, that's a little tougher. You want stuff that won't bubble or smear. I played around with doing it as a screen (like with tshirts) as that's how the original blocks are done (and prevents both of those problems), but unless I have a friend do them, my screening skills aren't up to snuff.

I thought about cutting my own, but then I have to sand them and I have zero interest in doing that (since if I'm going to do this, I'll likely do it for 1989 as well)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
143245 wrote:
I thought about cutting my own, but then I have to sand them and I have zero interest in doing that (since if I'm going to do this, I'll likely do it for 1989 as well)...

Exactly, not interested in the tedious sanding.

I really like the look of lighter-colored stickers on darker wood, similar to how the Churchill blocks look:

So I may try spray painting the black blocks and designing some stickers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.