Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Working_for_Putin [+] [View All]
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cant imagine how its come to this, but we now have Democrat party leaders building walls and fences to keep Democrats out. Smart and safe move but I never thought I would see this in my life time.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/dnc-erects-four-mile-fence-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
Hunh, I thought you were going to say Canadians.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is stupid even for you Jeremy. Try harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The DNC is what's classified as a National Special Security Event under Federal law. Meaning the Secret Service is the lead agency responsible for security.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Xlyce wrote:
Hunh, I thought you were going to say Canadians.

They should -- Canadians are the worst!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
The DNC is what's classified as a National Special Security Event under Federal law. Meaning the Secret Service is the lead agency responsible for security.

So your point is that the United States Department of Homeland Security has listed this event to be a potential target for terrorism ?

But if we build that same fence on the border, its racism ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
damiangerous wrote:

So your point is that the United States Department of Homeland Security has listed this event to be a potential target for terrorism ?

But if we build that same fence on the border, its racism ?

I'm not the least bit surprised that you don't understand the difference between those two things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
The US has already built fences, walls, and barriers on its southern border. Nothing remotely like that graces the northern border. Wonder why...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey look, they had fences outside the RNC in Cleveland too. Whodathunkit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
I was going to make the same point but then when I thought about it, it is in-character for the GOP to keep out the regular citizens. It's not supposed to be the M.O. for the Democrats. I think the point is that the Democrats can't talk about inclusiveness while acting like the Republicans. They have to walk the walk or they are just all talk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone remind me of how using less security at an event that historically can have security issues makes one less of a Democrat ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
I was going to make the same point but then when I thought about it, it is in-character for the GOP to keep out the regular citizens. It's not supposed to be the M.O. for the Democrats. I think the point is that the Democrats can't talk about inclusiveness while acting like the Republicans. They have to walk the walk or they are just all talk.

The point is that neither the RNC nor DNC made those decisions. They were made by Federal security agencies. You don't blame Delta for a TSA agent grabbing your junk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
Meaningless means there's a strong limit to how much I can mess up!
badge
This overtext is not in use.
mbmbmbmbmb
Regan wanted the Berlin wall torn down, yet his whole life he lived in houses with walls. What a hypocrite. Pro-wall or anti-wall, pick a side!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

The point is that neither the RNC nor DNC made those decisions. They were made by Federal security agencies. You don't blame Delta for a TSA agent grabbing your junk.

No, but I send a hand-written thank you note to Delta. Manners matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
Oh, so it's Obama's fault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
No, but I send a hand-written thank you note to Delta. Manners matter.
Maybe an apology note for the moisture level would be more appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:

So they practice what they preach ? ohhhhh sick burn !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
This is stupid even for you Jeremy. Try harder.

Hey, at least he's moving up from his usual fare! I'd give this one a solid 5/10. He's not on point yet, but he's showing recovery!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
Hey, at least he's moving up from his usual fare! I'd give this one a solid 5/10. He's not on point yet, but he's showing recovery!

I love all of you fans ! no matter how hard you claim to hate my post, here you are commenting on it.

Me thinks thou doth protest !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any bridges... angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forget the fences!

What I find more interesting is that there the same number of arrest on Monday in Philly (24) as their were the entire week in Cleveland (24). And I think that I heard that there were 54 "more" arrests yesterday, or that 54 was the "total" arrests (meaning 30 yesterday).

Were the cops/DHS not doing their jobs as well last week (which I don't think is the case, as I interacted with quite a few of them last week due to a change in my travel pattern), or are the crowds in Philly that much more criminally prone?

Does the fact that it is the DNC and not the RNC have anything to do with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
Forget the fences!

What I find more interesting is that there the same number of arrest on Monday in Philly (24) as their were the entire week in Cleveland (24). And I think that I heard that there were 54 "more" arrests yesterday, or that 54 was the "total" arrests (meaning 30 yesterday).

Were the cops/DHS not doing their jobs as well last week (which I don't think is the case, as I interacted with quite a few of them last week due to a change in my travel pattern), or are the crowds in Philly that much more criminally prone?

On Tuesday evening around 8:30 p.m., a group of protesters down at the DNC security perimeter — aka The Fence — decided to scale said fence in violation of federal law. According to the Philadelphia Police Department, there were five protesters who went over. Four of them were eventually taken into custody by the Secret Service, making them the first DNC arrests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
Forget the fences!

I did see an article that there are less "visible" police in Philly. I wonder if that encourages more extreme behavior. For better or worse, an overwhelming police presence can keep people on their better behavior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
Forget the fences!

On Tuesday evening around 8:30 p.m., a group of protesters down at the DNC security perimeter — aka The Fence — decided to scale said fence in violation of federal law. According to the Philadelphia Police Department, there were five protesters who went over. Four of them were eventually taken into custody by the Secret Service, making them the first DNC arrests.

Meanwhile, while the Philadelphia Police Department has not made any DNC arrests, the department issued a total of 59 code violation notices to protesters between Monday and Tuesday. Fifty-four were issued on Monday and another four on Tuesday, a day when the police department estimates that some 5,000 people were involved in protests. The code violations come with a fine of $50, but if the violators are from out of town, we’re guessing they’ll just toss the citation in the trash.

Although the Philadelphia Police Department says it hasn’t made any DNC arrests, some activists take issue with that position, since officers have been detaining people temporarily in some cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.