1 Posts

Space Pioneers» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Unwrapping the box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jess A
Canada
flag msg tools

I received my copy on Tuesday July 19 and immediately called my game friends to arrange a play on Friday. And hot wings, natch.

We unwrapped the cards and unfolded the rules. The tuckbox is nice, however it doesn't keep the two decks separated so the missions and top secret cards get mixed in. Though the rule sheet keeps it tight so it isn't a huge problem. Unless you're a bit tidy like me. heh.

The rules are a bit difficult to parse, we finally had to pull up one of the videos to understand how to play. I think they might have benefited from more proofreading.

Gameplay was fun! I was the only one who had even been to a planetarium so I went first. Love the cool ships, I had the ring-ship for my first.

Amb didn't have a spaceship to start so she had to flip the deck 4 times before she got one.

In the end, Jay won because he focused on only collecting planets and didn't even try for the missions.

We used nickels to mark the missions we'd done.

We only had time for one playthrough but we all agreed we wanted to play again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.