4 Posts

Dark Darker Darkest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Antidote cabinet/Enter lab confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Looby Lou
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The antidote cabinet is in the locked lab, so I can't use it until the door unlocks via the last code on the security board.. Is this correct?

But then in the rules it says;

"The survivor who enters the lab will acquire the cure"

So once the lab unlocks and I enter do I have to grab the cure token, therefore triggering the nemesis?
Am I able to use the antidote cabinet first?

It seems weird that access to this function isn't available until towards the end of the game..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loobylou wrote:
"The survivor who enters the lab will acquire the cure"

I'm pretty sure this refers to the cure token that will save the world from the zombie epidemic and not the antidote cabinet.

As soon as the lab door is open and you enter, the Nemesis appears. The multi-team tracker flips and you start the Final Showdown. Follow the instructions on page 29 of the revised rule book which start with:

"Players should note the following occurs once the survivor enters the laboratory: 1. The survivor who entered the laboratory takes the cure token."

Then to use the antidote cabinet, you spend 2AP just like any of the other corner room functions except the Sprinkler which is deactivated during the Final Showdown.

As to why it only shows up at the end? Well, thematically it makes sense since if you already had an antidote for the zombie epidemic you wouldn't need to go into the lab. Also, during the Final Showdown, once you die you don't respawn another survivor. You die, you are eliminated from the game. The antidote cabinet is one last chance to keep from turning into a zombie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Looby Lou
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Yes I guess that makes perfect sense, thanks for clarifying Logus
(Loving the new boards btw)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Loobylou wrote:
Yes I guess that makes perfect sense, thanks for clarifying Logus
(Loving the new boards btw)

What "new boards"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.