Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anything different, goal-wise, from game to game? Or, is it always just slash your way through the house, killing everything you meet?
Rescue mission?
Survival mode?

Anything besides meeting different types of vampires using different heroes?

Thx!
meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They haven't officially released any info on the scenarios or campaign.

In the KS comments, they have said that they are saving all that info for an update.

We do know that there are levers to activate "things" and hostages to rescue. Also, you can play the game competitively as well as co-operatively.

So, it seems there are going to be various play options. Until we get that update though, we won't know details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Lieberoth Wadum
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They seem to have worked very hard on making what could have been a generic dungeon crawler into a genuinely unique and thought through game experience.

I really hope that translates into an interesting variety in the scenarios.
The weakest part of games like Shadows of Brimstone is that there is very little difference from scenario to scenario, and thus no truly gameplay or tactics altering shifts along the way.

I want Vampire Hunters to be the game that keeps on surprising me by taking up those design challenges in a deft way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I saw the different modes of play, with more info on the way. I just HATE the spoon feeding that unprepared Kickstarters put us through. angry

I've been waiting for ALL the info before deciding to back VH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rdsmith wrote:
Yeah, I saw the different modes of play, with more info on the way. I just HATE the spoon feeding that unprepared Kickstarters put us through. angry

I've been waiting for ALL the info before deciding to back VH.
They are not "unprepared", they have a plan in place. They even already have video reviews ready and are adhering to their strategy of releasing it slowly as to try to keep momentum going. But I get it, I am eager to find out about the campaign system and watch the reviewer videos. It's just the way they chose to reveal information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Waters
msg tools
What would be really cool is if you could war the Vampires vs The Vampire Hunters like in Imperial Assault or like have a scenario where the humans have to race to free other humans while the vampires capture and harvest said humans and who has more "wins"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shaud
United States
Landisville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lieberoth wrote:
They seem to have worked very hard on making what could have been a generic dungeon crawler into a genuinely unique and thought through game experience.

I really hope that translates into an interesting variety in the scenarios.
The weakest part of games like Shadows of Brimstone is that there is very little difference from scenario to scenario, and thus no truly gameplay or tactics altering shifts along the way.

I want Vampire Hunters to be the game that keeps on surprising me by taking up those design challenges in a deft way!

I agree. I am really hoping for some fun and engaging scenarios that force the players to work together in order to be successful. Someone asked whether they (Dark Gate Games) were planning to release a map editor (similar to Zombicide), but I can't remember if DGG answered. I hope they do because with the extra tile pack, you could create some pretty epic scenarios. I feel a Castle Ravenloft scenario brewing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas DP
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Do we know how many scenarios will be in the base game? I found where it says there are six in the Blood to Dust expansion, but don't see a number for the base game mentioned.
Trying to be patient for that specific update, but it's difficult when I'm so excited about the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony At DGG
msg tools
Now that rules video 3 is out, I'm ready to talk about hunts and campaigns. It will be big update, so I just need a quite day with no other announcements. With luck, this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracey At DGG
msg tools
mb
Hi all

Check out Update 28: Vampire Hunting and let us know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tracey at DGgames US wrote:
Hi all

Check out Update 28: Vampire Hunting and let us know what you think.

Very nice But I think you should incorporate the scenario when you need to rescue somebody (even a hunter) from the den

I am still waiting for some more information about campaign thou. And I would like to know as well how many focus will hunter usually have during gameplay and after.

What I mean is we can buy skills after a hunt but will we be able to use them during next hunt? When I will have 3 or 4 skills, will I be able to use them or I will need to carefully choose which one to use as I will lack focus?

Also, what about items? Are they are getting better during the game or the pool is always the same?

And we are developing our hunters only through skills that are not free to use and new weapon/items?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.