10 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stian 01
msg tools
Scenario:
Beginning of round, and I have 3 colony ships available. I use 1 disk to influence a planet, and use two colony ships to take resource planets. May I turn the same two colony ships I just used for 'for free' on the same disk I used for influence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
You got drama all over my meeples!
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you mean that you can place an influence disk and then flip two colony ships to place cubes on those planets in the same turn, then yes. Flipping colony ships is a free and instant action, so long as you have influence in the hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designers made the rules in this matter as friendly as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stian 01
msg tools
But I have 3 available ship to begin with. So I influence, turn over 2 colony ships to take resource planets, and then turn back those 2 colony ships so they are available again. All this using 1 disk.

Is this allowed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Once you use your colony ships, they are flipped and unavailable until you pass and perform your upkeep/bureaucracy moving into the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stian01 wrote:
But I have 3 available ship to begin with. So I influence, turn over 2 colony ships to take resource planets, and then turn back those 2 colony ships so they are available again. All this using 1 disk.

Is this allowed?

Yes, it is allowed. You would have 3 colony ships available after that action.

Note that you can use those two colony ship "refreshes" from the Influence action at ANY time during that action, including before, during and after moving each disc.

Annowme wrote:
No. Once you use your colony ships, they are flipped and unavailable until you pass and perform your upkeep/bureaucracy moving into the next round.

Wrong. The influence action allows you to flip up (refresh / make available) two colony ships (for most races).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, apologies here. I never once thought we were discussing in Influence Action, just influencing a hex by Exploration or Conquest. Shows how often I use the Influence action...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Collins
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Vanish wrote:
...The influence action allows you to flip up (refresh / make available) two colony ships (for most races).

Magellan's are one of my favorites to play and yes, they are limited to only one flip back on Influence. And I think that's a good thing. It makes it challenging to play them at times, but it balances their ability nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
varianor wrote:
Vanish wrote:
...The influence action allows you to flip up (refresh / make available) two colony ships (for most races).

Magellan's are one of my favorites to play and yes, they are limited to only one flip back on Influence. And I think that's a good thing. It makes it challenging to play them at times, but it balances their ability nicely.

In play testing at the start they had the normal two flips. We broke that right quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:
varianor wrote:
Vanish wrote:

In play testing at the start they had the normal two flips. We broke that right quick.

surprise I imagine that took about one game to figure out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.