Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

I'm pretty new to the site and am trying to get some geek gold in bulk. I had an auction for $10USD via paypal, but there was some sort of bug so they closed the system down. Any idea where I could do such an auction or sale now?

Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seejay wrote:
I had an auction for $10USD via paypal, but there was some sort of bug so they closed the system down.

As I write, your auction comes up fine on my system, showing a current bid of 551 GG and a button to click if I wanted to bid.

Oddly enough, your auction is the only one currently active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Quallen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little late to the party, but I don't even see a link to the 'Auctions' main page in the Bazaar menu list.

Chris, you say 'they closed the system down.' Where did you hear about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SSJGQ wrote:
I'm a little late to the party, but I don't even see a link to the 'Auctions' main page in the Bazaar menu list.

Indeed. The link is no longer where it used to be.

Maybe the second poster was using a different link, and they just closed the link to it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
SSJGQ wrote:

Maybe the second poster was using a different link, and they just closed the link to it?

maybe it is a caching issue. i checked earlier and it was there. on a different device it is not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
hestiansun wrote:
SSJGQ wrote:

maybe it is a caching issue. i checked earlier and it was there. on a different device it is not.

It can't be a caching issue, I'd never loaded or even looked for the link before trying to assist the OP. At this time, however, the link to auctions in the Bazaar drop-down isn't there for me either.... perhaps that section of BGG is being "upgraded" to the new system interface?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seejay wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm pretty new to the site and am trying to get some geek gold in bulk. I had an auction for $10USD via paypal, but there was some sort of bug so they closed the system down. Any idea where I could do such an auction or sale now?

Thanks all.

I'd love to hear if/when these come back... Following.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Kurosawa"
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
the link is indeed not there anymore but if geekgold auction would have been removed completely from BGG I'm sure there would have been an official anouncement, it may be a bug or something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sann Dehrclahs
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I Wish You a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!
badge
This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the page linked in my Quickbar, and this is what it says when I pull it up:
Quote:
The old GeekAuction system has been retired. It will return in another form in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Unceremoniously removed from my front page layout...

I hope they bring it back with auction functionality in place so that Geekgold auctions can finally be automated instead of run through a geeklist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just noticed that they were gone, here's hoping they come back soon with more functionality, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.