5 Posts

Smash Up: Cease and Desist» Forums » General

Subject: Artwork rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johny D
msg tools
mbmbmb
What happened with the artwork for this expansion. I know art is subjective, but the preview cards (with a few exceptions) look even worse than Smash Up Munchkin.

Did they changed the artist(s) or something?. It basically doesn't fit in...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Bloomer
msg tools
There is a copyright notification on each of the cards for the art firm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johnny k
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, but I have to disagree.
I find the artwork for Astro Knights some of the best we've seen so far in Smash Up and the art for Changerbots couldn't be more fitting. Also 3 out of 4 factions are done by artists AEG has collaborated with in the past for Smash Up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anonymous Person
United States
California
flag msg tools
clerical_error wrote:
Sorry, but I have to disagree.
I find the artwork for Astro Knights some of the best we've seen so far in Smash Up and the art for Changerbots couldn't be more fitting. Also 3 out of 4 factions are done by artists AEG has collaborated with in the past for Smash Up.

What's the one that hasn't?

Also I disagree that Astro Knights have the best art. Werewolves, wizards, aliens, to some extent the dragons have much better art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johnny k
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Father Time wrote:
clerical_error wrote:
Also 3 out of 4 factions are done by artists AEG has collaborated with in the past for Smash Up.

What's the one that hasn't?

I'm sure that Ignobles, Changerbots and Star Roamers are done by studios/artists they have collaborated with in the past (Gong Studios has done the artwork bor Bear Cavalry and Francisco Rico Tores the artwork for Pirates & Vampires), I'm not sure about Astro Knights.

Well, definitely Astro Knights' artwork is some of the best but not the best in the game yet! The ones you mention have indeed really great art and don't forget Dinosaurs! I'm just saying that, judging from the previews, art in this expansion isn't something to complain about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.