War of the Ring (second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Card box & Sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news about a potential reprint on those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are referring to the Upgrade Kit, right? If that is the case, Roberto has stated it will not be reprinted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heidebrecht
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Porkins_ wrote:
I think you are referring to the Upgrade Kit, right? If that is the case, Roberto has stated it will not be reprinted.

I think he is referring to the tin box with just the sleeves produced to fit the Tarot size cards for the game. The upgrade kit looks similar. I know they printed two versions of this card box - one with the cover photo (I think) and Gandalf.

Not sure if they are still in print - I found my at a FLGS and have seen them online still available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jimmy jo jim Bob
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
rotting rubbish heap of a world
mbmbmbmb
heidebrechtluke wrote:
I think he is referring to the tin box with just the sleeves produced to fit the Tarot size cards for the game.

I bought this tin (can't remember where from) and was VERY disappointed in the sleeves. Very few of them fit the cards. These were supplied by Mayday Games. I ended up buying a different brand and they fit fine.

I never buy Mayday Sleeves, after that experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with this. I was also very disappointed with the Mayday sleeves, although I did buy them separately. The problem is that they do fit the width of the card better than the FFG version, but the length is off by a few millimeters. The card basically goes all the way to the top of the sleeve and protrudes from it a little bit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
TabletopAdept wrote:
I was also very disappointed with the Mayday sleeves

I had the same problem with Mayday sleeves. Contacted their support and they sent a new package, free of charge, which fits perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.