Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, somebody had to write the first Networks session report.

I played my second solo game this evening, and the good news is I managed to make it all the way to the end, unlike my first attempt, which flamed out in the middle of Season 5. The bad news is I fell one viewer short of victory.

Things started out well enough in Season 1, in which I replaced all my starting shows and scored 36 viewers.

Season 2 was a big one that benefited from a split season of Chainmail Bikini Warrior, which was promptly cancelled, vaulting my total viewership to 83 and allowing me to claim the bonus, which is nice because I had three cubes on the turn order track at that point.

Things stagnated a bit in Seasons 3 & 4 with only 40 and 41 viewers, respectively, causing me to miss out of the Season 4 bonus and bringing my total viewership to 164 for the game.

Season 5 picked up a bit, with some new sports programming, and my fifth sci-fi show, earning the genere bonus of a free ad, which turned out to be the big promo. I took two viewers during the drop and budget and scored 50 viewers from my programming to bring my total to 216.

Going into the end game scoring, the Showrunner I'd hired a couple of seasons ago kept Dr. What from aging, but it wasn't quite enough as I only managed 48 new viewers without the benefit of my Season 5 re-run, bringing my total to a frustrating 264.

I know I left a few viewers on the table (sofa?) and am looking forward to playing again. There was already a lot of improvement from my first game (and, quite frankly, better luck), so maybe I'll manage not to lose my cushy TV job next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ziegler
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Overwood wrote:
I played my second solo game this evening, and the good news is I managed to make it all the way to the end, unlike my first attempt, which flamed out in the middle of Season 5. The bad news is I fell one viewer short of victory.

And here I thought I was the only one that had managed to fall one point short of victory in the solo game. Better luck next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Sanchez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny that. I did my first solo last night and scored 266. I thought there was no way to keep up that kind of pace until I remembered there was one more scoring round after season 5. I found a show in the 5th season with just enough to points in its second season line to Max the viewers. Good times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ath3ist wrote:
Funny that. I did my first solo last night and scored 266. I thought there was no way to keep up that kind of pace until I remembered there was one more scoring round after season 5. I found a show in the 5th season with just enough to points in its second season line to Max the viewers. Good times.

You stole my viewer!

Actually, I just realized I overlooked the 5 viewers you get with genre bonuses, so I really ended up with 274. Yay me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Sanchez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Overwood wrote:
ath3ist wrote:

You stole my viewer!

Actually, I just realized I overlooked the 5 viewers you get with genre bonuses, so I really ended up with 274. Yay me!

Well done. Yeah I must admit, those genre bonuses are harder to obtain than you would think, and even harder to remember to score sometimes cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
You want two eyes? I can get you two eyes, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.