Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
My friend owns

Imperial Assault
Twin Shadows
Hoth
Bespin

What mini-packs are not already included in these boxes? Im trying to figure out what to buy him.

Wakrob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
only the stormtroopers are included in the big boxes, but the agenda cards are new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Baker
United Kingdom
Ferndown
Dorset
flag msg tools
All Allies (C3P0, Han Solo, Lando etc) are represented by card tokens, in each box expansion. The same also applies to the villains such as IG-88, Boba Fett etc.

Buying any of these characters or small squads add: New enemies/miniatures, agenda cards/side missions and finally skirmish addons and scenarios. in the most recent wave all 3 blister packs included new equipment for heroes to purchase in the campaign.

Guides on the most useful addon packs can be found somewhere, however I tend to buy packs for the figure and painting experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He might be talking about these ones:

- Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Alliance Smuggler Ally Pack
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Bantha Rider Villain Pack
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Greedo Villain Pack
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Obi-Wan Kenobi Ally Pack
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault – The Grand Inquisitor Villain Pack
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault – ISB Infiltrators Villain Pack

Those expansion packs have no 'token' equivalents in any games. Everything about them is brand new. The other packs do have new missions, but the figures/deployment cards are the same as the various core sets.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shnar, you left out the best one:
Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Hired Guns Villain Pack

Also Wookiee Warriors are from reinforcement wave:
Star Wars: Imperial Assault – Wookiee Warriors Ally Pack

Wave 3, 4, and wave 7 are 'standalone' (except Bantha Rider missions use tiles from Twin Shadows).
Imperial Assault Wiki
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
If you're looking for something good to get him and you know he doesn't have any yet, I'd suggest some of my personal favorites:

Boba Fett
Leia
R2/ 3P0
Royal Guard Champ
Bossk
Grand Inquisitor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Sládek
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:

What makes them so good? I've seen more people praise them, but to me they seem a little bland, just a cheap throwaway unit. Or is this for skirmish reasons? (I only ever think about campaign).

I'd recommend Royal Guard Champion or Boba Fett, simply because for those characters a cardboard token (which is included in the boxed sets) just doesn't do justice. That there little piece of paper is a badass villain? Hah! For stuff that is brand new, Wookie warriors are pretty cool. Also Bantha rider - a one-trick pony (pun intended], but a funny and interesting miniature. And Obi-Wan Kenobi for nostalgia reasons :-) Disclaimer: I only play campaign and tend to judge mostly just aesthetic value of the figures, since their none of them are really OP and so their utility in-game gets imo overshadowed by skill discrepancy between players and the the IP adjusting the difficulty anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, his point was he wanted figures that were not in the boxes as either figures or tokens. He's okay playing with the tokens, and his first pack purchases and wanted things that he didn't have (hence the list sans Boba Fett).

As for Hired Guns, I do like them more for skrimish than campaign, but even in campaign, for how cheap they are, they're not bad. Since they get that parting shot, you almost want them to die, and they're so cheap, you can recycle them fast.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Hired Guns (depending on mission) in the Campaign, because they are guaranteed to get to perform their attacks due to Parting Shot, so they are good even when the deployment point is near the rebels (the rebels are capable of wiping other deployments before they can activate). Parting Shot also gives you an attack without spending an activation, which is sometimes very good. They are also cheaper than a Stormtrooper group at 4 threat, so they can be used as a 'last-round' deployment more easily.

However, they are not a fix-all tool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Sládek
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmm, I guess I can see the value of being able to churn them out often and up close for a guaranteed attack, even if they're just cheap and ugly Rodians :-)

shnar wrote:
Well, his point was he wanted figures that were not in the boxes as either figures or tokens. He's okay playing with the tokens, and his first pack purchases and wanted things that he didn't have (hence the list sans Boba Fett).

Might have been just confusion over the fact that the core boxed is advertised as having Luke and Vader figure packs included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.