Expedition: Northwest Passage» Forums » General

Subject: pnp files? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick D
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Found this game looking for print and play tile placement and it looks super fun but I only see the rules posted in files.. is there no way to print and play this game anymore? maybe it should be removed from PnP if so..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
freefallnick wrote:
Found this game looking for print and play tile placement and it looks super fun but I only see the rules posted in files.. is there no way to print and play this game anymore? maybe it should be removed from PnP if so..

I don't know about PNP files, but...
Could you actually PNP a copy cheaper than purchasing one for say $45 or $50? (BGG Marketplace)
You wouldn't regret going for a production copy, trust me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick D
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Yes I can, I have access to color printers and laminators for free..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game will be brought back for Matagot by Surfin' meeple for USD 39.99 this fall. The original game before we worked on publishing is available on PnP. In my opinion the puiblished version is far superior, not just in material.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick D
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
How would I go about getting the original PnP to try it out before it's brought back this fall?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arnaud4matagot wrote:
Game will be brought back for Matagot by Surfin' meeple for USD 39.99 this fall.

A $40 to be well spent indeed!
I PNP games myself, and I couldn't touch the production quality of this game for $40. But I don't have access to free color laser printing. Still, with all the tiles, you'll be doing a LOT of cutting. If the photos showcased on the games main page are examples of the free PNP, I wouldn't spend the hours required to make it when I could get the quality of a retail copy for a cool $40. Just sayin'.

edit: If you travel for your profession, or ever somehow make it to KC and want to play it, I'm always down for a session of E:NW. I'm a fan of "try before you buy" too. But a sub-par PNP (in comparison to the retail version) is an expensive (including time) "try."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game have premium components and is one of the most gorgeous game I've ever seen. I have no idea how they can make it for only $40. PNP won't do this game justice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaniv Cahoua
Israel
flag msg tools
Is the short answer that there are no pnp files ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.