5 Posts

Brass Empire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Distribution Center/Human Resources and one more question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter Gottlieb
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Played my first game of Brass Empire (5 players) earlier and we all enjoyed it but these two questions came up:

1. Distribution Center and Human Resources say: "Once per turn, gain 1 Construction/Labor [respectively] for every constructed faction or neutral building you control" (emphasis mine.) I assume this part means they count themselves and all other buildings you control (not just of your own faction), but not your mining platform. Why, then, do they specify "constructed faction or neutral buildings" as opposed to "constructed building"? And do they count your mining platform? (We ruled that they counted all constructed buildings you control except your mining platform.)

2. When you destroy another player's unit without doing damage (e.g. Pendulum Sniper), do you still get 1 brass per card destroyed? (We ruled that you do.)

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ivy
msg tools
I just reread the rules and it says that the mining platform counts as a building. So it could be that as long as the mining platform is built it will give you the bonus. When we played we came to the same conclusion about that card you did though.I think those cards are just worded a bit strange.
For the other question the rules say whenever a you destroy a unit you get 1 brass so i assume the sniper would count since its effect destroyed the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You get 1 construction/labor for every faction building you control (i.e. of your color) and/or neutral building your control. Mining platform does count and the card itself counts but if you're green and have a red building that does not count towards your total. A pro magic player playtested the game with some friends and he exploited this card so we nerfed it a bit.

2. Yes, you get 1 Brass every time you destroy another player's cards (including as part of defense)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Gottlieb
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Smith
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got tripped up on the semantics of the DC and HR cards as well. I compared it to the Dockyard which reads "your faction's cards" and decided to play HR as any faction. Oops.

Thanks for clarifying this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.