The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Saga expansion playable with proposed Decks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Tomiczek
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi all,
i would like to introduce my wife to this lovely game. She is not into deckbuilding yet (I have hope) but loves the theme so that's not the problem.
So here is my question:
Is it possible to play the saga expansions, in this case Hobbit first, with the proposed decks? Or is it to hard and not fun for a new player, and especially a wife

Thanks for any advice, answers or hints and sry for my english but it's not my native language.
Have a nice day all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean the monosphere decks from the core set? I'd advise against that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tomiczek
Germany
flag msg tools
No, I mean the decklists in the saga expansions itself. Since my wife is not into deckbuilding yet. Can we play straight with them and have fun or is it to hard with these decks? I want her to love this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Kasper
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played both Hobbit Saga expansions with the predesigned deck...also with my wife. I think we had to replay one or two scenarios because we lost but we managed to beat all 6 scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tomiczek
Germany
flag msg tools
Sounds good, think we will try that then. I just didn't wanted to run into a wall of defeats since I didn't have played any saga expansion myself. Otherwise she might loose interest fast.
Thanks for the reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Alrik wrote:
No, I mean the decklists in the saga expansions itself. Since my wife is not into deckbuilding yet. Can we play straight with them and have fun or is it to hard with these decks? I want her to love this game.

OK, I haven't tried those decks myself so I'll leave it to others, like Andi, to advise you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
I haven't played the Hobbit saga expansions yet, but I have played all three of the Black Riders quests with the suggested decklist and was successful at all of them. The suggested cards all worked very well together. Of course that's one deck for a single player, but The Road Darkens and The Treason of Saruman have 2-player decklists that include all of the player spheres.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have comments on the suggested decks from the first Hobbit box when played solo? I'm struggling with "We Must Away..." and the Thalin / Gimli / Dori deck at the moment, but I'm the first to concede I'm not that strong of a player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tim-pelican wrote:
Does anyone have comments on the suggested decks from the first Hobbit box when played solo? I'm struggling with "We Must Away..." and the Thalin / Gimli / Dori deck at the moment, but I'm the first to concede I'm not that strong of a player.

That one is going to be tough with only one deck since you are always fighting the same number of trolls, and they can be pretty nasty. I would definitely try doing all the Hobbit quests with 2 decks even if you do it solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.