Subject: idea to balance some factions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Im thinking to buy extra expansions to balance some factions by removing some weak cards and adding stronger one.

Example: adding one base is not enough or a mole in the super spies and removing a spy or something

I know its kind of a waste of money, but what do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try Deso's competitive balance pack instead you can find it in the variants soon of the forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an interesting idea, but personally this is the sort of game that needs to go beyond balance. Think of trying to balance Munchkin or Gloom, it would almost break the game. Part of the fun of Smash Up is that it isn't balanced. Just my 2 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the link
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/134464/desos-balance-patc...

It's a collection of paste up with changes aimed at improving weaker factions. (although there are a few tweaks to stronger ones)

I still have the two last sets pending. (soon to be three with the upcoming one)

For instance spies took only a few changes to make it feel much better.
Quote:
3x Operative - power 3 - Reveal the top two cards of each other player's deck. Place any of those cards on the bottom of their owner's deck. Return the other cards to the top of their decks.
2x For My Eyes Only - Look at the top 5 cards of your deck. Place one of them in your hand. Return the rest to the top of your deck in any order.
1x Discards Are Forever - All other players reveal cards from their decks until they reveal a minion. Discard all revealed cards.

For instance this allows spies to manipulate decks with more efficiency. In special For My Eyes Only is really good to grab (rush) specials or whatever you you might need and plan accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Nice, i will check this out

About my idea of adding extra expansions to balance some factions, what do you think i should do for these factions?

Want to buff:

pirates: removing one broadside and adding a full sail and maybe trading a low minion for a 4 or 5

spies: removing 1x spy who ditched me, adding 1x base is not enough and maybe trading a low minion for a 4 or 5

innsmouth: removing some actions and adding more locals?

Vampires: its hard since all their cards suck? remove 1x cull of the weak(or 1x dinner date) and add 1x big gulp, remove 1x dinner date and add 1x night stalker

Want to nerf:

Robots : i have no idea

zombies: removing 1x grave digger and 1x grave robbing and adding 2x walkers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.