GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 127.81

7,569 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.7% of Goal | left

Support:

J.D. Hall
msg tools
A disclosure is in order:
1. I think Sigourney Weaver is not only a tremendous actress, but hot as a smoking pistol. Yes, still that hot.
2. Alien was the first and so far only movie that ever made me literally jump out of my seat. Anyone want to guess which scene it was?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/entertainment/sigourney-weaver...

As you young people say, it's an old meme -- Weaver as the first real movie kick butt hero. Hell, "Thelma and Louise" can trace some of its lineage to Alien. And hey, the story is from ComicCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
1. I think Sigourney Weaver is not only a tremendous actress, but hot as a smoking pistol. Yes, still that hot.
2. Alien was the first and so far only movie that ever made me literally jump out of my seat. Anyone want to guess which scene it was?

As you young people say, it's an old meme -- Weaver as the first real movie kick butt hero. Hell, "Thelma and Louise" can trace some of its lineage to Alien. And hey, the story is from ComicCon.
Movie maybe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read an article yesterday that talked about the next Alien movie and how it will take place after Aliens and ignore the other movies after that one. Cameron was never happy that they dumped all the characters but Ripley and the android.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter David, writer of stuff, wrote many years ago that Aliens 3 only makes sense if it's a dream. He's probably right.

http://www.peterdavid.net/2009/05/25/alien-3-people-nothing/

And Alien Resurrection? Ugh. I got free passes to that piece of garbage and felt cheated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Stranger Things’ Joyce comes from a grand tradition of badass sci-fi moms

STRANGER THINGS SPOILERS IN THE ARTICLE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to see a kickass female hero, google Kaitlyn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forget Kaitlyn! Embrace Regine!

Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
If you want to see a kickass female hero, google Kaitlyn

Hmph! Kaitlyn burns as dim as a nearly-burned-out birthday candle compared to Regine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, in works of fiction women really kick ass.

Also, nerdy guys get the hot girl and hot women go totally unnoticed while wearing glasses and the black guy is the first to die in any horror scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
remorseless1 wrote:

I didn't think she was all that kick-ass in the first movie, but in the second she rocked.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
I didn't think she was all that kick-ass in the first movie, but in the second she rocked.
In the context of the times she kicked ass as a female character. She was independent, fought back, was an equal with the men, gave meaningful input in conversations and wasn't just love-interest eye candy thrown in so guys could take a date to see it. A 180 from the majority of the movies then and even many movies of today. In Aliens, she became the more comic-book level of kick-ass hero that was larger than life. In the first movie, she was a real-life level hero. It's hard to compare them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.