Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The Pharaoh's Gold Mini expansion adds new mechanics and components to Archaeology: The Card Game.

What you need:
-Several gold pieces (you can use poker chips, or whatever you want).

Set-up:
-Give each player 2 Gold at the start of the game.

New Mechanics:
-Once on a players turn, they may "Ship" sold goods to the museum. What this means is, they discard all cards in the set, and take Gold equal to that number of cards they discarded. Goods that are "shipped" are not scored at the end of the game. (Remember, you can only "ship" goods once on your turn.)

How does Gold Work?
-Gold can be used to make up the difference when trading at the market place. So let's say I wanted to trade for a Pharaoh's Mask, but I only had 2 Pot Shards to trade. I could trade the two Pot Shards and spend 2 Gold to take the Pharaoh's mask. You can also outright spend gold to take cards from the market (without trading any from your hand), as long as you have gold equal to that cards value.

Each Gold piece you have left over at the end of the game is worth $1 (1 VP).

What else does Gold do?
-In addition to the basic features above, you can also try out these additional uses (variants) for Gold:
Explore the Pyramid: Spend 1 Gold to take a random card from any one chamber of the Pyramid, OR Spend 2 Gold to look at all cards in one chamber and take 1 of those cards.
Insurance: When you would have to discard goods because of the Sandstorm, you can pay 1 gold per good to keep those goods. (So let's say I ha 6 cards in my hand. I would normally have to discard 3 cards, but I can spend 1, 2, or 3 gold to keep cards equal to the number of gold I spent.
Thief: If you draw the Thief card, instead of stealing a card from another player, you may steal 2 gold (or 1 gold if that's all they have).

If you have any questions/suggestions/ideas for this mini expansion, please leave them in your reply.

If you test out this mini expansion, please please please leave feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.