Subject: 3 questions about D-Day rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
leo zhu
China
Beijing
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
F/2/16 can conduct a self-preservation move or not? I think he can move to 0507 which is closer to 0607 than 0506.

2.Resovling a Barrage action now, when check the fre card about the German position’s color, we should not consider the symbol is single or double?

3.Turn 3 begin, but I have no units in Beach Landing Boxes, so no need to draw a card to check?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leozhu wrote:
F/2/16 can conduct a self-preservation move or not? I think he can move to 0507 which is closer to 0607 than 0506.

2.Resovling a Barrage action now, when check the fre card about the German position’s color, we should not consider the symbol is single or double?

3.Turn 3 begin, but I have no units in Beach Landing Boxes, so no need to draw a card to check?

1) I may be corrected on this, which I would be happy to be proven wrong so I can do it differently, but... F/2/16 has only the option of 0606 and 0605 as a free move. You could us an action and move to 0507 and then free move up on the next turn but for now the best you can do is move ahead to the cliffs.

2) correct only the color and symbol matter.

3) correct...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

1) He can do a preservation move to either 0507 or 0606, both hexes being closer to a protective hexside. (Sheer cliffs are not considered protective hexsides.)

2) Correct

3) That would be fairly unusual on turn 3, but you're correct, you don't draw a card if there aren't any landing units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Avtges
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
CONCEALED -3
badge
It's not easy being green.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the options for a free self-preservation move for question 1 are 0507 and 0606. Both move the unit closer to the protective hex-side in 0607.

2+3 are both correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Erick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheer cliffs are not protective hexsides. Then the target is hex 0607. So hex 0606 or 0507 are the only two options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brastias wrote:

(Sheer cliffs are not considered protective hexsides.)

Ahh that's right. My instincts were telling me there was something there that I was missing that I always screw myself on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

As a side note, I would move to 0606 since it has less fire from purple positions and no fire from the orange WN. You will still get a free move to 0607 on the next turn, which is where you would end up with the unit if you chose 0507 instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuele Falco
msg tools
mbmbmb
I cannot figure out why you don't have any units on the landing boxes in Turn 3. Any initial tank delayed to Turn 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.