Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Germany

Subject: Board games stores in Freiburg im Breisgau rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Pereyra
msg tools
Hi. Please, do you know where are boardgame stores in Freiburg. I want to buy, but don't know where to go. I will wait for your answers. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Mainzer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it depends on what it is you are searching for:

If you are interested in mass market board games à la Monopoly, Catan, Dominion etc. you can buy them at Müller in the Kaiser Joseph Straße (the games department is in the basement). Sometimes they do have some meatier games.

During the winter months (I think November to end of January), there is a boardgame store in the ice cream cafeteria on the Münsterplatz - they usually have all the new stuff from Essen, card games, euro games, puzzles etc. Sometimes they have a small amount of wargames too.

I've never been to it, but there is also a Games Workshop in Konviktstraße if you're interested in the fantasy stuff.

For everything else (especially wargames), unfortunately online stores are your only friend...

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Pereyra
msg tools
Hi. Thanks for your answer. I'm looking for eurogames and/or some card games (or some filler games). I found a photo in the web (in pinterest) of a store called "Spiel am Münster "... Do you know it??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Weber
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the Spiel am Münster is the game store Fabian was talking about which only exists in the winter months.

Here is another thread about this game store: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/154999/spiele-am-muensterpla...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DR Uwe
United Kingdom
Oxford
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have been in Freiburg in January (2016) and the shop wasn't there (instead there was the Eiscafe).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's a store during winter when the Eiscafe is closed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian V.
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The shop wasn't there last winter, and I'm afraid it won't ever open again, if I'm informed correctly (heard that information from 2nd hand).

In other words: There isn't any real game store in or near Freiburg any more. Yep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel
Germany
Freiburg i. B.
Baden Württenberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Spiele am Münster closed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find some board and card games in the basement of Müller and Kaufhof, both major warehouses. Some family and travel games in the huge book store Rombach in the Bertholdstraße. Last but not least there is a small toy store at the crocodile in the Gerberau. They sell toys for kids and a small selection of board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.