flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks greatly to
Charlie Tran
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
for finding this fantastic storage solution for Scythe: http://www.michaels.com/bead-landing-bead-organizer/10179995...

It took a bit of doing, but everything fit neatly into the box. The cards I've kept in either the supplied new bags, for the larger cards, or recycled the smaller bags that held the wooden bits to hold the smaller cards.

Here's a step-by-step assembly to save yourself a bit of time in arranging. Please note: when I've specifically zoomed in on items--stars, wooden cubes, heart and player token--I've done so because they HAVE to be placed in the order shown in order to fit. And even then, the stars fit VERY tightly.

Also, I apologize: there are 31 images.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. Seems the photos that got uploaded borked themselves and decided to duplicate. Bah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look ok to me.

This seems like more trouble than it's worth with the super tight fit. At the moment my only complaint is the faction wooden bits are in two baggies each...but I have not worked up enough energy to re bag them yet. These boxes seem to make that issue worse. Just my $0.02.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Stauffer
United States
Waxahachie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No offense but Sythe fits in the box pretty well for me already. I placed each factions wood pieces into a single bag each. There is even a handy diagram on the side of the box for how to place it back in. Not sure how the expansion will fit but according to what I have heard it will fit as well. My two cents worth...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have four storage containers from Jamie, so my solution is:

1 coins
3 coins
5 coins
10 and 20 coins

And keeping the four resources in snack baggies. When I set up, I open up the coins, put their lids in a row above, and pour the four resources into the lids of the storage containers above the coins.

Break down is pouring the four lids of resources back into snack baggies, then closing the lids on only coins.

And I set up five snack baggies that have all the wooden pieces for each player in one bag, rather than the two separate bags for each color it ships with.

My only annoyance currently are the encounter tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I HATE keeping components in bags, so this relieves me of that stress.

YMMV

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup for the storage box. This is one of our favorites, and we have it in several games. It's amazing for Brew Crafters (need 2 to make it work).

I don't really need anything other than the bags for Scythe for now. Maybe just something to keep stuff from moving around too much in transit, but the bags & plastic boxes that came with the game are sufficing for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Martinell
United States
Federal Way
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll likely design and build a box insert for Scythe once I get my Glowforge. It seems like a worthy candidate what with all the little bits. These tiny containers seem like way too much work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Pond
United States
Cary
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
chadmart wrote:
I'll likely design and build a box insert for Scythe once I get my Glowforge. It seems like a worthy candidate what with all the little bits. These tiny containers seem like way too much work.

Just checked the link for Glowforge, seems like a really cool machine, but 4k! Do you plan to make a business out of it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Wilson
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I have four gripes with the status quo storage:

1. It's a jumbled mess. Even if everything has a "place," it doesn't look like it.

2. Cards in bags...no thanks.

3. Resource/coin storage tends to pop open when placed on it's side, especially if you put metal tokens in there.

4. Board at the bottom of the box. This is my BIGGEST gripe. The board is the first thing I want on the table, but I have to pull everything out to get to it.

I'm going to make a minimalist foam core insert to fix these issues. Will post pictures when done. (Don't hold your breath...this stuff takes me a long time.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do agree about the map board in the bottom of the box being a small annoyance when dealing with set up on small tables. You have to clear everything off the game board somewhere other than the box (usually a chair nearby), then insert the game board first into the box at the bottom, then you can ferry over everything from your stack onto the map.

And to set up, you remove everything (to a chair again?), then pull the board out, then set up the game.

There is one commercial solution out there for storage, but he keeps the board on the bottom again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Boelk
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I found myself not using the smaller compartments for the stars (way too much hassle getting them in and out. Instead I just used the entire slot for each color without the extra containers. Much faster. I like the idea of all the cute containers but most aren't functional. I do however like the large container and will keep it around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovan wrote:
There is one commercial solution out there for storage, but he keeps the board on the bottom again.

Dang...THAT was quick! Looking at it, I don't see any reason why the boards must be at the bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.