Subject: default search and "accessories" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Connors
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it difficult to find items which are categorized as accessories on BGG since the default search excludes them. If I just search, I have to know in advance that it's classified as an accessory to know to search there.

I think the default search should include all games, expansions, and accessories. Making them a second-class citizen of the search means many are missed.

Note that the Advanced Search is also of no help, since there's no way to include accessories there, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Einheber
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I think a good example of where this is problematic is Quadropolis. Some tiles are categorized as expansions and others as accessories. I'm not sure of a way to get them all returned in the same list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Minkoff
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Don't you have better things to do?
badge
Should you be reading this?
mbmbmbmbmb
I also wish Accessories could be viewed from the main game page, like Expansions can...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Macabee wrote:
I also wish Accessories could be viewed from the main game page, like Expansions can...

They're under Linked Items

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.