Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Unlike my previous KS fulfillment, this campaign required four different cargo ships and the coordination of working with four different fulfillment centers. I am happy to say that the last pallets have left the customs warehouse in China today and were loaded on a cargo ship. Forged in Steel and Hands in the Sea is currently on its way to the various fulfillment centers around the world!

Each ship left on a different day, and that had no bearing on the overall transit time. There were also some unforeseen hoops that I had to jump through these past few weeks. I worked closely with my freight consolidator and the shipping agent in Shanghai to resolve the issues at the customs warehouse in China. As is common, in larger fulfillment efforts, the games will be arriving at different times to each location. I have pasted a spreadsheet below that details an approximate delivery time for backers. Please note, this is still an estimate, and each port and fulfillment center could have issues that further delay the games. I do not anticipate anything at this point, but I just wanted to mention it is possible.

NOTE: Customer who pre-ordered the game from the Knight Works website will receive their copies no later than the latest delivery date listed above.

Coordinating the ports across the world, working with fulfillment centers, and even establishing a new shipping agent in Shanghai was a massive undertaking. I would not wish this chaos and stress on my worst enemy. For anyone who has aspirations of becoming a game publisher I have these words of wisdom, "Fasten your seatbelts... it is going to be a bumpy ride."

I have made some great connections into the "behind the scenes" world of board game publishing. Some of these folks like Sean from Mr. B Games, Justin and Robert from Terra Nova Games, and Karl from Common Man Games know all too well about the complexities and dare I say, "pain," that is being a game publisher. But, I digress... there are reasons why I jumped into this hobby and made it my side career. I am still excited to continue producing great games and working with the fans who love those games. Hopefully sometime in the future, I will get a chance to start working on publishing my designs, as well.

I have not mentioned it recently, but once again, thank you so much for your support on this campaign. Your patience and understanding have allowed me to publish two great games and release them to the board gaming community in 2016!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Port Macquarie
NSW
flag msg tools
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Don,

I also ordered Dark Horse as part of the package, along with Hands in the Sea and Forged by Steel.

How is Dark Horse being distributed and what is its time frame?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
da pyrate wrote:
Hi Don,

I also ordered Dark Horse as part of the package, along with Hands in the Sea and Forged by Steel.

How is Dark Horse being distributed and what is its time frame?

Hello David,

Each customer who pledged against the Knight Works Bundle will receive Dark Horse at the same time as the other game(s) they included in their pledges on Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.