United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
This is perhaps a little late in the game, but here goes anyway!

Over the past two years at Essen (Spiel) we've had a fairly successful program of having amazing volunteers help us demo games (all drawn from geeks right here on BGG!).

We may still have space for any who want to help us demo CW (plus potentially other games, including Gods War) on a volunteer bases once or twice during the con. There may be something in it for you.

But even if you can't spare the time, come by our booth anyway! Sandy will sign your shirt or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Mullen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Alas, I can't make it this year. May your Gencon be awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be willing to help. I'll be there all 4 days and I know Cthulhu Wars fairly well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hastur666 wrote:
I would be willing to help. I'll be there all 4 days and I know Cthulhu Wars fairly well.

Great! Can you come by our booth before noon on Wednesday, then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
I can help but won't be in until late Wednesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Hastur666 wrote:

Do you by chance mean Thursday? I didn't even think booths were accessible on Wednesday. Also, I won't be in until Wednesday evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hastur666 wrote:
existoid wrote:
Hastur666 wrote:

Do you by chance mean Thursday? I didn't even think booths were accessible on Wednesday. Also, I won't be in until Wednesday evening.

Right, without a vendor badge no one is getting close to the Petersen booth on Wednesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DAVID CLAPPER
United States
colorado springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
I will be running your excellent game at tacticon in Colorado springs. tacticon runs from September 1-4 at the hotel elegante. I am running cw friday Saturday and sunday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Halowell

Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmb
I've never been to GenCon, but am hoping to go next year. I played my first game of Cthulhu Wars the other day, and I'm anticipating it becoming one of my favorite games. I'd love to help demo the game in the future! That sounds like a blast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Slotten
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the booth Peterson Entertainment? I'll see what I have planned. I usually am just roaming around and I may be able to help with CW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skslotten wrote:
Is the booth Peterson Entertainment? I'll see what I have planned. I usually am just roaming around and I may be able to help with CW.

We're saddling up with the Chaosium booth, but you can also see "Petersen Games" listed as well (I think).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Per http://www.gencon.com/exhibit_hall_map "Petersen Entertainment" and "Chaosium" are both listed as booth 423.

Are your demos in the booth or one of the various outside the exhibit hall demo areas? Many companies have their own areas or are in the Gen Con Games Library & Pick-up Play Room (often after the exhibit hall closes).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify: Arthur, did you mean Thursday? That is the first day of Gencon. If so, I can definitely stop by your booth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hastur666 wrote:
Just to clarify: Arthur, did you mean Thursday? That is the first day of Gencon. If so, I can definitely stop by your booth.

Yes, whichever day it starts. I'll be there Tuesday, and time has little meaning for me at big cons like GenCon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wtrollkin2000 wrote:
Per http://www.gencon.com/exhibit_hall_map "Petersen Entertainment" and "Chaosium" are both listed as booth 423.

Are your demos in the booth or one of the various outside the exhibit hall demo areas? Many companies have their own areas or are in the Gen Con Games Library & Pick-up Play Room (often after the exhibit hall closes).

We have some sort of demo table somewhere, but I don't know the deets, sadly. Someone emailed us about a month ago telling us they run the KS/new release demo tables and offered us space, and we accepted. That's all I know, because I can't find that email anymore.

Alas, it lists the incorrect name. "Petersen Entertainment" is a legal entity, owned by Sandy, but not technically the official name of the games publisher. It seems we change our name ever year. First, we were G.E.Games,LLC (Green Eye Games) which still exists, but only owns CW, and no other game titles (and will never own any other game titles), and it is in turn owned by Petersen Games. Petersen Entertainment also exists, owned by Sandy, but the entity that actually publishes all the games Sandy designs (and sometimes doesn't design, such as Theomachy and Dicenstein), is named "Petersen Games." Now you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I will definitely drop by the booth before noon on Thursday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
We have some sort of demo table somewhere, but I don't know the deets, sadly. Someone emailed us about a month ago telling us they run the KS/new release demo tables and offered us space, and we accepted. That's all I know, because I can't find that email anymore.

all the events by kickstarter:
https://www.gencon.com/events/search?fri=true&group_sponsor=...

contact via games@kickstarter.com or:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/burningwheel/torchbeare...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Will Sandy autograph my book with blood? Not his (or mine), just that guy over there. With his back turned...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.