Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Gries
United States
Libertyville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry....another Arty Park question.

Assume I create an Arty Park for the 21.Pz division, have 1 unit in the park, and made the contact roll placing the contact marker on leader Rauch.

Let's say I pull the KG Luck formation chit. Can I activate that arty unit and fire it, using it to count toward the 7 independent unit allotment that Luck has?

As far as I can see, according to the rules, it appears that an arty unit can fire with multiple formation activations. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Smith
Germany
flag msg tools
I don't think that is possible. The arty is attached to Rauch so Luck can only use it if you switch contact to him during the next contact making phase thingy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Gries
United States
Libertyville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was also assuming that it's not possible, but was reviewing the rules and re-read 1.6.2(1) and 1.6.2(2); and still trying to figure out all the nuances of the change from GTS 1.1 to 2.0 with the independent units.

The phrase in 1.6.2(1) says: "White-Striped Units are now "attachable" Units, and are eligible to be Activated along with any Active Formation within their Division pursuant to 1.6.2(2)."

1.6.2(2) basically says when a leader's formation is active, he can activate any number of in-command white striped units up to his rating. Arty units are always in command.

So.....If multiple formation activation was not possible, 1.6.2(1) should say "eligible to be Activated with the Active Formation whose leader has the contact marker...."

I never thought twice about this and assumed the Arty unit could only be activated by one formation (the one it's attached to), but can't find anything in the rules that says it cannot activate with another leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan has it right...you can only activate an arty unit under a formation chit for the formation to which the arty is attached.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.