Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: The Walking Dead Miniatures only option rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Livett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any players wanting to add The Walking Dead survivors into the Original Zombicide game can. Cryptozoic have released a couple of packs with additional copies of the survivors from the core and expansions for painters.

The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary Kickstarter which looked to be dead in the water has been given a new lease of life and they have changed pretty much the entire campaign. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/the-walking-dead-no...

You can now get; Pack one: Rick, Glenn, Andrea, Daryl, Dale, Shane, Merle, T-Dog for $16

and Pack two: Hershel, Maggie, Beth, Otis,Michonne, Carol, Tyreese, Carl for $16

You just need the $1 pledge and then you can add them on.

They are about the same scale as the zombicide survivors https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/013/089/860/6068f9a559b8ceb... in update 4 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/the-walking-dead-no...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just want the zombies...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nathairday wrote:
I just want the zombies...

I would be willing to give you mine at a darned good price. I don't need/want a crap ton of same posed zombies. And I already have several hundred painted zombies.

About half of my painted horde:

more pics: http://s247.photobucket.com/user/CptJake_Minis/library/Zombi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the offer. The painting is half the fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nathairday wrote:
Thanks for the offer. The painting is half the fun!

I mean give you the zombies from my pledge at a good price. I'm not going to paint 10-20 each of a few same posed zombies when I already have a few hundred painted. The zombies from my pledge are gonna be a waste of space for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Winters
United States
Quincy
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jake,
I would be interested in the zombies from your pledge, depending on the price. I joined the KS specifically to get the survivor minis add-ons (not the game), so the zombies might be cool to have too. Feel free to reply here or message me or what ever.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy mcglothlin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
So we pay the $16 after the project funds?

This is my first kickstarter, sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could go a couple routes.

You could pledge $1 now, and after the funding period they will open a pledge manager. You should be able to choose what you want and pay for it and shipping then.

Or, you could pledge $17 (dollar pledge plus $16 for the figures you want). Then when the pledge manager opens you would be given 'credit' for the $16 and would select the figures you want (and add in what ever else you may want). You would have to pay shipping and fro any extras at this point.

Advantage to the latter method is the $17 goes towards unlocking stretch goals.

It really is up to you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy mcglothlin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Got it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jislizard wrote:
Any players wanting to add The Walking Dead survivors into the Original Zombicide game can. Cryptozoic have released a couple of packs with additional copies of the survivors from the core and expansions for painters.

Awesome! I just pledged. Since I already own Zombicide, I wasn't interested in buying a new Zombie minis game like the Walking Dead game currently on KS. I am interested in running Zombicide with Walking Dead characters, though, so this is a perfect fit for me.

Now I just need to find or make dashboards for these guys:

Jislizard wrote:
Rick, Glenn, Andrea, Daryl, Dale, Shane, Merle & T-Dog
And also:
Hershel, Maggie, Beth, Otis ,Michonne, Carol, Tyreese & Carl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shelter wrote:

Found something! zombie http://www.ultanya.com/2014/11/fun-with-zombicide.html

fyi, If you pledge, you'll get Dale's RV, which *might* be usable in zombicide as a 3D car. It's even has a flat roof, so you can pile survivors on top! CZE *said* it's 80mm high (!?!). VROOM CRUNCH VROOM.

Also...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Livett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
Shelter wrote:

Found something! zombie http://www.ultanya.com/2014/11/fun-with-zombicide.html

Thanks, that's what I was looking for as well. There are more here http://www.ultanya.com/2015/08/zombie-monday.html

I do not own modern Zombicide but I have Zombicide: Black Plague. I am not familiar with the skills available from all the seasons of the original games.

My friend does have the first season so I am hoping to introduce these characters into the Zombicide world.

Regarding the Dashboards, how balanced are they? The originator said they were made a bit powerful as they are intended for difficult missions. I would not want any of the players to be over powered though as we play fairly easy games as it is. How thematic are the dashboards? I watched The Walking Dead but I haven't been paying a lot of attention, Glenn I get as being slippery but was Maggie good at searching?

I saw that there were some weapons such as Crossbow, Katana, Mossberg 590, Bo staff and Colt Python on the dashboards, are they genuine cards? I have seen the Katana card before but none of the others.

How easy would it be to convert these dashboards to the new Zombicide: Black Plague style? I am guessing not hard, just time consuming.

So already completed dashboards to suit the KS miniatures are;
Daryl
Glenn
Maggie
Michonne
Rick
Carol
Andrea
Hershel
Merle
Morgan
Shane

Extra dashboards that we don't have miniatures for;
Rosita
Abraham

Miniatures that we don't have dashboards for;
Dale
Tyreese
Lori
Sasha
The Governor
Otis
Carl
Beth

I came across someone who has converted all the old dashboards into the new style on eBay. He converts, prints and rounds the corners. I will see what the quality is like, he does do customs apparently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hasslefree miniatures has a few Walking Dead characters too:

And don't forget their Awesome Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 Heroes. They've even got the Witch enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Livett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I got my Daryl from Studio Miniatures http://www.studiominiatures.com/media/k2/items/cache/13f34e2...

But it would be nice to get a set of matching miniatures in the same sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Livett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I downloaded and compiled a list of all the skills I could find, including some fan made ones.

Then I tried to fit the skills to the characters .

I tried to keep the skills in line with the character development in the TV Show.

I tried to make sure that each character could develop their skills in different ways, e.g. Glenn could get better at searching or better at moving or decent at both. But wouldn't become an expert sniper etc.

I tried to share the skills out so that there were not too many repeating skills and no large gaps.

I tried to share them so that the characters were playable but not too weak or strong.

Some characters I know fairly well but others I can barely remember.

Anyway, my screen is too small to see the stats on each character properly without jumping backwards and forwards so I will try and do it from memory!

Rick has his police training so starts off with his shooting skills but it is not until later that he becomes a leader his leadership and shooting skills improve throughout the game.

Glenn is good at avoiding trouble and as the game progresses so do his searching and evasion skills.

Andrea takes shooting lessons and becomes more formidable, couldn't find out much else about her other than she hooks up with a lot of the other main characters, especially in the comics. Couldn't find any skills to match that.

Daryl starts off with his crossbow (from Angry Neighbours) and gets more proficient as the game progresses, he is a slippery customer as well by the end.

Dale likes to help, distracting zombies, keeping a look out on top of his RV and driving the RV (stretch goal bonus)

Merle is good at fighting and gets better, a bit one dimensional as a character but killing things is the main skill needed.

Shane starts off as a leader but is replaced and instead of his leadership skills improving he just becomes more violent.

T-dog, can't recall him so I put some random skills.

Sasha was military and I don't know how her character developed so I just made her better at shooting things.

The Governor is a born leader, his abilities in combat are improving all the time, he collects walkers for study, is a great tactician and he uses the zombie hoards to his own benefit. A nice match with some of the zcide skills.

Morgan starts off with a gun and then starts killing zombies with his staff and gets more proficient with his melee weapon towards the end.

Michonne starts with ker katana, easy! She also covers herself with zombie entrails and hides among the zombies so rotton is a good fit. She also likes to help the others which is something she does more of as the show continues.

Carol starts off as a protective mother figure before developing into a very natural killer, her skills develope from defencive to offensive but she always keeps the others safe.

Is anyone going to play Lori? An extra move is a good incentive, even if she doesn't do much with it. She can throw items at zombies to defend herself and keeping out of trouble is a good skill to develope.

I read that Tyreese's background was in athletics so I gave him speed and increasing strength with a softer side as well.

Maggie, like Glenn, is good at searching and avoiding trouble.

Hershel is a vet so he learns how to look after himself and the others.as the show progresses he becomes a good all rounder.

Beth is a jack of all trades, not an expert in anything but able to turn her hand to most things.

Otis, we will all be fighting over who gets to play this character. I made him a fairly decent all rounder so it wouldn't suck too much if you pull this one to play, but i really can't remember the character for doing much.

Karl (Coral) keeps his head down and moves fast, he gets taught to shoot by his dad so he improves a bit in this skill but he mostly survives by running away and being very lucky.

I am not 100% happy with all the characters. Any feedback or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Next plan is to print them up using the zombicide: black plague dashboards and come up with some scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Customer Service!

Kudos to Cryptozoic. I pledged $1 when this thread was started with the intention of adding my order (minis only) in due course. Fast forward to a week ago. For various boring reasons, I missed completing my pledge as wanted and the Pledge Manager has officially closed. So, I e-mailed Cryptozoic's KS customer service e-mail inquiring whether I could still complete my pledge even though the pledge manager had closed days earlier.

Much to their credit, they let me.

Thank you, Cryptozoic. I am looking forward to getting these minis into my Zombicide games. I really appreciated the minis only option since I didn't really want to purchase a second miniatures zombie game and already owned a competing version. I also appreciated being able to add my pledge late.

All in all, a fantastic experience to date. Great for me, and I think that when I add my Walking Dead minis to Zombicide, it will generate a lot of interest and goodwill for Cryptozoic when I tell others I am playing with about my positive experiences with a game company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.