$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 77.36

5,239 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
33% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Ivanhoe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ivanhoe Card does not affect Shield and Stunned Cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobrukker
United States
flag msg tools
I assume this is so, since the Ivanhoe Card does not say to discard, only to ignore the played Action card's effects. Seemingly written with the assumption the negated Action card has already been discarded.

Apparent Erratum item:
The paragraph after the Sheild and Stunned card explanations does not help, and is somewhat incorrect. It says all other, besides Outwit, Action cards affect the players' display only. This is not quite true since the Ivanhoe card affects other Action cards.

Also, if the Outwit card is used to swap Color cards, these cards are placed as the top card in the new display, regardless of what order they were in in the opponents display?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Grant Green - Am I Blue? // Tina Brooks - True Blue // Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got The Blues // Harold Land - West Coast Blues! // Sam McClain - Blues for the Soul // Oliver Nelson - Screamin' the Blues
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been some time since I played, but I think I can help you with these.

marque du lion wrote:
I assume this is so, since the Ivanhoe Card does not say to discard, only to ignore the played Action card's effects. Seemingly written with the assumption the negated Action card has already been discarded.

Ivanhoe must be played against another action card when that card is played. In the case of Shield or Stunned, it prevents them from being placed, and yes, they do go to the discard pile in that case. (The name of the game is Ivanhoe for a reason.)

marque du lion wrote:

Apparent Erratum item:
The paragraph after the Sheild and Stunned card explanations does not help, and is somewhat incorrect. It says all other, besides Outwit, Action cards affect the players' display only. This is not quite true since the Ivanhoe card affects other Action cards.

I'm not sure where you're going with that; no comment other than to repeat that Ivanhoe is the big dog which cancels any other action card at the moment that card is played. It's not concerned with displays per se.

marque du lion wrote:

Also, if the Outwit card is used to swap Color cards, these cards are placed as the top card in the new display, regardless of what order they were in in the opponents display?

Correct.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.