$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 135.22

7,877 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Variants

Subject: Agressive Necromancer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
k karyo
msg tools
First of all, I apologize if there was a similar idea already posted.

when I'm thinking about necromancer, I'm thinking that he had the ability to summon/woken the dead at his disposal. so necromancer should act as a portable spawn point. my initial rules for aggressive necromancer is:

1. when necromancer card is revealed, it adds additional spawn points.

2. necromancer priority is still going to the nearest spawn point.

3. at necromancer's turn: when a survivor caught on necromancer's LOS, roll 1d6.
result of 1-3 necromancer will move to nearest spawn points;
result of 4-6 necromancer will summon zombies as an action, draw a spawn card and place spawned zombies at the same zone with the necromancer.

4. zombies spawned by necromancer have 0 action points, it will become active on next turn as a regular zombie.

5. when Necromancer successfully escape through a spawn point, remove the previous necromancer spawn point on point 1 and move it to the spawn point where the necromancer leaves.

PS: I haven't tested this. maybe this weekend when I had the chance.

Edit: rule revision.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it. I thought about a dark ritual house rule similar to this, instead of escaping they raise an abomination and sic it on the heroes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Give it a try, but potential problems. Without a spawn tile, there will be fewer Zs spawned. If not escaping, then heroes don't have to chase necromancers down, they can go about their business instead. If heroes can stay out of line of sight, then necromancers are just powerless walkers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Andrews
msg tools
I tried something like this for a few games. I didn't have the necro actively seek people out, but instead of a spawn zone I treated the necro as a mobile spawn. I experimented with dropping a spawn zone where the necro was killed for a certain number of turns based on character level. It was interesting, but we ran into problems with new necros spawning a few steps away from a spawn zone left by a previous necro death, and tracking the spawn zone decay when dropped was tedious.

I set this aside and haven't gone back to it yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k karyo
msg tools
longagoigo wrote:
Give it a try, but potential problems. Without a spawn tile, there will be fewer Zs spawned. If not escaping, then heroes don't have to chase necromancers down, they can go about their business instead. If heroes can stay out of line of sight, then necromancers are just powerless walkers.


I guess it makes less spawning zombies. and I didn't think about the running away part should be a challenge to survivors. thank you
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would propose an "easier" take on your rules:

If a Necromancer spawns mark the zone in which he spawn somehow (a base or something, just to remember this isn't the zone he can escape through)

He still tries escaping through the nearest Spawn Zone (The Necro walks as in the rulebook straight up to the next exit zone, and attacks survivors only if already in their zone)

In the spawn phase each Necromancer acts as a spawn zone each turn he is on the board.

If he manages to leave the board place a spawn token where he escaped.

In short: While Zombie movement Necros move as normal, while spawning they count as a spawn zone.

Dark Ritual only if they came from different spawn points.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
Enter Text Here
badge
[b][Vote :goo:][/b]
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenbrain wrote:
I would propose an "easier" take on your rules:

If a Necromancer spawns mark the zone in which he spawn somehow (a base or something, just to remember this isn't the zone he can escape through)

He still tries escaping through the nearest Spawn Zone (The Necro walks as in the rulebook straight up to the next exit zone, and attacks survivors only if already in their zone)

In the spawn phase each Necromancer acts as a spawn zone each turn he is on the board.

If he manages to leave the board place a spawn token where he escaped.

In short: While Zombie movement Necros move as normal, while spawning they count as a spawn zone.

Dark Ritual only if they came from different spawn points.
I propose something even simpler... Play the game exactly like normal... But when a necromancer spawn token spawns zombies place them with the necromancer instead of the spawn token. (You know that thing you want to leave in the necro's starting zone? It can be a necro spawn token.)

Necros spawning necros start in the spawn token room as normal (not with the necro as zombies do) and necros with their spawn tokens in the same zone can't dark ritual together.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k karyo
msg tools
Heisenbrain wrote:

In short: While Zombie movement Necros move as normal, while spawning they count as a spawn zone.


Melriken wrote:
I propose something even simpler... Play the game exactly like normal... But when a necromancer spawn token spawns zombies place them with the necromancer instead of the spawn token.


Actually it still plays necromancer normally, the necromancer spawn point at where the necromancer originally spawn still spawns additional zombies regularly. But I considered it as zombies from outside the active map who naturally follows the necromancer.

The rule stated that necromancer have 1 action point, that's why I suggest an optional for the necromancer whether it choose to run away or spawns/summon additional zombies in it's current zone. but as you know summoning ritual to woken the dead is a not an easy task, so necromancer shouldn't be summoning while moving. he should dedicate it's 1 action point to do the summon ritual instead of moving to the nearest spawn zone and run away.

and if it successfully escape, I think that the previous necromancer spawn point at where the necromancer originally spawn should be removed because it was too far away for stray zombies from outside the active map to "detect" where the necromancer's current location. instead create a new spawn point at the necromancer's exit point to show that it was safe enough for the necromancer to spawn a lot of zombies to outnumber and kill the survivors.

but I think necromancer cannot summon another necromancer, so when the necromancer choose to summon zombies in it's current zone and player draws a necromancer card it should be treated as an extra activation for the necromancer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.