Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Copp
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love me some Mage Knight, and, having read up on the newer Star Trek: Frontiers game, I see no need to buy it. I'm quite happy with MK and its theme. But, with an IP as big as Star Trek, I'm wondering if Vlaada will be hanging up his hat and walking away from Mage Knight. Has anyone read any news to the contrary? What are you anticipating?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He already did, didn't he? I seem to recall Vlaada had a development (or just advisory?) role in Shades Of Tezla, but didn't design it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you post this in the news forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
And Vlaada did not contribute heavily to the redesign/retheme into ST:F.

So if your question is about WizKids decision making, you're better off trying to figure out the sales or what Zev thinks. Vlaada really doesn't seem to have anything to do with it at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Copp
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:

because I'm looking for news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coppt2 wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

If you want to play by forum rules, that's generally not a good strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taye T
msg tools
mb
Hope not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Copp
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
coppt2 wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

If you want to play by forum rules, that's generally not a good strategy.

Ah, I see, a forum faux pas. My apologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I could be wrong but I recall the designer of Shades posting on BGG that there are no other expansions being worked on for MK. This was right after the release of Shades.

I got MK this last xmas and I remember that it was sold out almost everywhere except for the scalpers. I'm just speculating but you have to wonder how big of a cash cow MK really is if WizKids let the game go out of stock through xmas. On the other hand, if MK really is a cash cow for Wizkids then you also have to question their decision making as they surely lost potential revenue around the holiday season. Whichever is true doesn't bode well for an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malkaven wrote:
I could be wrong but I recall the designer of Shades posting on BGG that there are no other expansions being worked on for MK. This was right after the release of Shades.

I got MK this last xmas and I remember that it was sold out almost everywhere except for the scalpers. I'm just speculating but you have to wonder how big of a cash cow MK really is if WizKids let the game go out of stock through xmas. On the other hand, if MK really is a cash cow for Wizkids then you also have to question their decision making as they surely lost potential revenue around the holiday season. Whichever is true doesn't bode well for an expansion.

You'd be in good company here by concluding that, given many decisions of similar quality, WizKids is broadly bad at its job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This shark, swallow you whole.
badge
I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly certain Vladda's done with designing any further expansions of the game-he may look over future expansions but he's moved on to other projects.

It's very hard to predict the future. We've already seen a lot of fan-made content that, for the most part, seems very well made. No matter what, I'm thankful for such loyal and passionate community that would go to such lengths to make up detailed variants.

You don't know what to expect with Wizkids-I think many of us are hoping that Mage Knight eventually gets purchased by another company, one that has more of a personal investment in the game's future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drunk Celt
United States
California
flag msg tools
A bit late to the party - I started playing MK last month and loved the game. It also promoted me to take a closer look at WizKids as a company and oh my god they are so terrible. It seems they are all about Heroclix right now and don't care about other genres in their catalog. MK doesn't even have a section on their forums?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.