Tiny Epic Galaxies» Forums » General

Subject: What to use for tokens/ships for PnP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick D
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Thinking about purchasing the PnP TEG but wondering what other people use for the tokens and ships and stuff? I also purchased TEK with HC and have the same problem there..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
msg tools
mb
Look at rocket charms for bracelets and necklaces on Aliexpress. The ones with four fins will stand up or lay flat and they are about the right size. You can clip the loop off and file the tip, then paint them in your player colors .

They come ten to an order, so you will need two packages for five players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockets from The Game Crafter work:
https://www.thegamecrafter.com/parts/rocket-yellow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered all my stuff from the Game Crafter, but that was before the game ever came out. I don't know if the expense would be justified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick D
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Yeah, they have all the stuff there at GameCrafter. Looking at the manuals for TEK, TEK:HC and then choosing re-using a few pieces for TEG as well as adding the ones for that game it comes out to 141 pieces which is 15.84 and then up to $23.96 with usps priority which is basically the cost of one of the games to just outright buy it.

Even purchasing 1000 multi color learning cube set would cost me about 20$ on amazon which make it all generic pieces and I could probably glue them into shapes but I suppose I could re-use those left over cubes further in other PnP games (add in the time it will take for all the gluing to create shapes for towers, meeple vs hero meeple and the fact there won't even be that many left over). Add in the cost for the PnP files which really only require HC and TEG (could use the tower card and actions card in the free TEK) and you are a little over halfway to the cost to just purchase another one of the games.

I think I will abandon this effort in using physical pieces not from other games i already own and just print out some paper tokens for TEK/HC and just purchase TEG. Seems like the most cost/time effective and still be able to play both games. I had printed a different game previously which was similar to another game and I re-used retail pieces and even stored the pnp cards and boards in that retail games box. It seems when not re-using pieces its just too expensive.

Maybe I should just purchase Keyflower and have a ton of Meeples and another game I really wanted ha ha.

I looked at the HC kickstarter and saw they offered a bundle of TEK and HC at discounted prices but I bet they make you wait until they release the new game to get the already released one (6 months or so was their ETA for HC?)

superman829 wrote:
I ordered all my stuff from the Game Crafter, but that was before the game ever came out. I don't know if the expense would be justified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first campaign with the TE line was TEK. At the beginning I backed the PnP, then the stretch goals started falling and halfway theough I realized that it would have costed me twice the price of the game doing it myself.

Since then I go for the deluxe version directly. Never disappointed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabi Koonings
Netherlands
Etten-Leur
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mb
I printed everything in black and white, just cut it out, D6's aren't hard to come by , just used those, you can either put numbers next to actions, that works, but i cut out some symbols and glued them on, worked fine.
Pleyed it a few times like that. Cost next to nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.