Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
You now get BOTH expansions with the base pledge. Plus, they've added some nice new content, stretch goals, and optional buys. I think they really outdid themselves... hope it works!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/the-walking-dead-no...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you are getting quite a lot for your buck now - PLUS there are interesting stretch goals to be met as well.

At the no sanctuary tier (125$ or 115 as early bird) you are now getting 16 (!) main characters of the game plus a ton of extras...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. I was one of the folks getting frustrated with the campaign (value was ok, but not great)... but they really went above and beyond what was expected. I was going to stick with it no matter what, but now the value is so good I added a couple of add-ons.

I hope they add dice as a add-on... they don't even have to be fancy, just the ones they are already producing (I'd be in for a set).

Seems like many folks would also like tiles. I read the primer a while back and can't seem to recall how the tiles work. Would more tiles be worth it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rohan G
Australia
flag msg tools
They totally flipped the campaign on its head. I would recommend anyone that passed on it to take a second look. Much better value now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am definitely back in for No Sanc pledge and maybe an add-on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gravox wrote:
They totally flipped the campaign on its head. I would recommend anyone that passed on it to take a second look. Much better value now!

If you say so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gravox wrote:

Yep! Still plenty of $115 ComicCon EB's left. Only 7K from the next free character!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlon Kruis
Netherlands
Pijnacker
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And if that is too much, they changed the base pledge also!
No more standees, but also a ton of minis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmb
Absolutely brilliant job here! Lot of stuff to be had!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Chan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
el_crosso wrote:
No more standees

there's still a standee-only tier for $40...

the $115/$125 is definitely the best bang for buck especially given this is an official AMC show game, so you get Andrew Lincoln's Rick Grimms

I'm in for $127 to get Lori as a character, but I'm very tempted to add the civilian pack just for blinging up the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Kahley
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am very shocked at the change in this campaign. They are definitely giving a lot of value to the backers now. With the restructure out there I hope this company gets flooded with sales to reward them for this move. I think the game is going to be epic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
I dropped out a week ago, because I didn't like the way they were handling the campaign. I checked in today to see what they had changed, and immediately jumped back in on the No Sanctuary level. The value was just too good to miss out on. Plus, you now you get Daryl on a bike, which is something I mentioned wanting ages ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see you back Kevin. It's an amazing grab now. And we just unlocked Sasha as a SG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bhchan wrote:

I'm in for $127 to get Lori as a character, but I'm very tempted to add the civilian pack just for blinging up the game

Same here, in for EB + Lori. The civilian pack and stuff & thangs are tempting, especially since they're exclusive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's great value! I just wish FFG hadn't just announced Mansions of Madness second edition. Between that and this and Vampire Hunters, I'm getting stretched real thin and I don't know if I can get all three in such a short stretch of time. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
It's great value! I just wish FFG hadn't just announced Mansions of Madness second edition. Between that and this and Vampire Hunters, I'm getting stretched real thin and I don't know if I can get all three in such a short stretch of time. cry

A year ago, Mansions of Madness would have been an auto pre-order. But with Asmodee's pricing changes, I'm going to wait for reviews to make sure the game is good then watch Amazon for a good sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandor wrote:
Logus Vile wrote:

A year ago, Mansions of Madness would have been an auto pre-order. But with Asmodee's pricing changes, I'm going to wait for reviews to make sure the game is good then watch Amazon for a good sale.

I get that, but I have 3 really good FLGS that do online like prices and I can walk into them and get the game at the in store price, avoiding Asmodee's online mark up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm back in as well. This new tier is kind of what I was getting at elsewhere in one of the other threads. You should get the base game and at least one expansion, if not two, as well as a few nice small KSEs as added perks. They delivered on that, for sure. I still have two concerns, but a risk analysis would probably still point to backing.

1.) The value is great, but the gameplay is still a bit of the unknown. the mechanics sound solid, but there still is a potential flaw in how the group plays cards (more specifically: how info. is exchanged between players). The big mitigating factor here is the Sadler bros., their track record would indicate that the final product is solid.

2.) Timeframe. This tier re-woking is likely to play havoc with their original timeline. I really hope that they are both realistic about this and transparent in their updates. Tying in with the first point above, I hope they do not rush the game (neither physical components or mechanical gameplay development) to try and play catch-up. I think it is going to take time, lots of extra time. People need to be prepared for that. I hate delays in kickstarters, as the always seem to occur. But I'll take delays over cutting corners. As long as the company is up front about it, that will help.

Who knows how this will play out, I've never dealt with Cryptozoic before, so it is an unknown for me. But they have a solid mark in their favor with what they have done here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Groeneweg
United States
Clear Lake
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad to see the went back to the drawing board and are giving a good game a better KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xookliba wrote:

2.) Timeframe. This tier re-woking is likely to play havoc with their original timeline. I really hope that they are both realistic about this and transparent in their updates. Tying in with the first point above, I hope they do not rush the game (neither physical components or mechanical gameplay development) to try and play catch-up. I think it is going to take time, lots of extra time. People need to be prepared for that. I hate delays in kickstarters, as the always seem to occur. But I'll take delays over cutting corners. As long as the company is up front about it, that will help.

I doubt this has changed their timeline at all. Everything we are getting now, I suspect is stuff they intended us to unlock if the campaign went as well as they thought.

The fact they wouldn't cancel and restart seems to suggest they have their eye on a deadline, and they want to hit it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Xookliba wrote:

I doubt this has changed their timeline at all. Everything we are getting now, I suspect is stuff they intended us to unlock if the campaign went as well as they thought.

The fact they wouldn't cancel and restart seems to suggest they have their eye on a deadline, and they want to hit it.

That's a good point. But there are still a couple of factors. First, it does appear as if there is a new sculpt or two which will need to be developed. It seems as if they don't have many of the sculpts in finished form, so this adds to that workload. The second is that, even if many of the sculpts aren't new, that's a lot of minis they will now throw into every pledge. They've probably ended up nearly doubling the minis in each pledge they sell. Even if it's just a matter of producing more of the same. it's going to take a lot longer to do.

To clarify, I'm not worried enough by that to keep me from backing, but I think they need to be transparent about the inevitable delays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xookliba wrote:

The second is that, even if many of the sculpts aren't new, that's a lot of minis they will now throw into every pledge. They've probably ended up nearly doubling the minis in each pledge they sell. Even if it's just a matter of producing more of the same. it's going to take a lot longer to do.

I really wouldn't worry.

If this campaign had hit the ground running, and we were now at 500K+, I bet our pledge contents would look much the same as they do now.

I think we would have seen a lot of stretch goals that added a new zombie sculpt, or 5 more gang members, etc.

I don't think this is going to change things. I am sure they had all this and much more planned, based on what they expected to be a massive success. We are just getting the stuff now, while the funds catch up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also a lot of companies are opening the doors to people to keep ordering the game after the KS ends (for example: This War of Mine, Sword and Sorcery, Gloomhaven, etc). I hope CZE does this since there are only a few days left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phate999 wrote:
Also a lot of companies are opening the doors to people to keep ordering the game after the KS ends (for example: This War of Mine, Sword and Sorcery, Gloomhaven, etc). I hope CZE does this since there are only a few days left.

I'm sure they will as the campaign ends this weekend just a few days before they demo it at Gen Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandor wrote:
Phate999 wrote:

I'm sure they will as the campaign ends this weekend just a few days before they demo it at Gen Con.

It did seem odd to me that they campaign didn't go through Gen Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.