United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing against Starbuck and his heading is to Prepare and Launch (I believe that's what those two ship symbols are, though one is grayed out). Does he place a worker on a prepare or launch action space or does he just do it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
I'm playing against Starbuck and his heading is to Prepare and Launch (I believe that's what those two ship symbols are, though one is grayed out). Does he place a worker on a prepare or launch action space or does he just do it?

Always place a worker on the appropriate space, no matter the action, according to the Captain's Order list on that Captain's board.

Edit: If you are able. If not, proceed to the next available action according to the Captain's Order List. Prepare and Launch actions are pretty much always available, though, so you shouldn't be blocked from the Dockyard and City Pier in any game. There may be instances when a particular action calls you to use an owned Building tile or an opponent's that is blocked, depending on the Captain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
mbmbmbmbmb
100% what Chris said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Esser
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm confused here too.

I assume the captain takes two actions each round, correct? Since he has two workers. If you get Starbuck's prepare & launch, does this use both his workers?

If yes, what happens if this his second heading of the round?

Or does a Captain have only one heading and use both workers on it? Or just one heading, but sometimes use 1 and other times use 2 workers per round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Two actions, one at a time. So if the heading is prepare/launch, then following the rulebook, look for an action space that prepares a ship. If you can't prepare a ship, you then look for a launching action space. If the dry dock is available, the captain would be able to do both at once. But otherwise, it's just like a player preparing or launching a ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Esser
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Follow up:

Do I crisscross the two actions, or captain gets 2 than I do?

Second: for Captain (Starbucks I think) that can only prepare 1 ship at a time: can he prepare the second if the first has been launched, or can he basically only ever use 1 ship?

I played the game 2 man and enjoyed it very much. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternate, Captain, you, Captain, you.

Starbuck can prepare the second ship once the first has been launched.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.