Popular Tags: [View All]
Jef Honor
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I have a question regarding how the Story Pile should be treated.

Does it have to be kept in a single face up deck (except for Items, of course) where I can only see the top card while I make decisions, or could I splay them to the right so I can see all of the cards I've already drawn?

I played with the cards splayed so far because it makes it easier to look for the dead ends, but I am not sure if I am playing by the rules this way.

The Few Other Questions
1. Is there only one possible pattern for getting the perfect ending?
2. If so, does this mean I have a 1 in 52 chance to start the game correctly? (Unless I misread the rules stating that I am supposed to pick any card I want to start.)
3. Will there be more games in the Cardventure series? I hope so, as I love the concept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Floyd Pretz
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
The play is the thing!
badge
You can make your story pile any way you want. You can keep the stack in a neat pile or spread them out. Even if you did keep them in a pile, you would be allowed to look at your pile for a reminder of what you've done so far.

1 & 2: There is only one 'perfect' path, but almost all the cards are valid starts on this path. The last card will loop around to the first.

3: CardVenture #2: Jump Ship! by Matthew A. Cohen is already done. And I also have more adventures up my sleeve!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.