Subject: Player count 2-11 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand correctly, this game's player count actually goes from 2 to 11, given the day-1-expansion characters: 9 regular characters plus the Wuk and Hanu double-headed character.

That is amazing and exactly what I need for my office game nights.

How crowded are the lanes with many players? You recommend the single-lane map for 2-6 players and the double-lane map for 6-10 players (11, that should be with Wuk and Hanu).

How feasible is a 2v2 on the 2-lane map? It should be the same as 1v1 on the single-lane map.

Would a (custom) 3-lane map (like computer MOBAs) make sense for, say, 11 players? For the 3-lane map, I can imagine that physical space may be too tight, because the areas need to have a certain minimum extent in order to work well (with quick travel and special abilities and spreading out minions).

I'm just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
PiHalbe wrote:

How crowded are the lanes with many players?

With 11 players it will be somewhat crowded, of course. However, the more heroes there are in a zone, the easier it is to make a mistake. This will result in a more bloody (and as such - more fun) games.

PiHalbe wrote:

How feasible is a 2v2 on the 2-lane map? It should be the same as 1v1 on the single-lane map.

I wouldn't recommend it. You want more player-to-player interaction. Playing a 2v2 on a large map results in limited interaction between players in different lanes. Plus, the lanes on a 2-lane map are one zone longer. So it's not exactly the same.

PiHalbe wrote:

Would a (custom) 3-lane map (like computer MOBAs) make sense for, say, 11 players? For the 3-lane map, I can imagine that physical space may be too tight, because the areas need to have a certain minimum extent in order to work well (with quick travel and special abilities and spreading out minions).

The very first prototype of Guards had a huge 3-lane map which was dropped. It was scaled down to the 2-lane map and, eventually, the 1-lane map came into existence.
Personally, I believe that a solo lane map works best even for 6 players. I don't think that you really need a 3-lane map. Plus, it would require more minions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.