5 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Newb questions: Personal Evolution and Archives rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Garguliński
Poland
flag msg tools
When I thrash unrezzed asset which had some advancement tokens on it do I put them back in the bank or do they stay on the card?

When I'm playing Jinteki: Personal Evolution (1 net damage on stealing/scoring agendas) and a Runner without cards steal an agenda that grants him enough points to win, who wins?

I can't find this information anywhere and it seems quite important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
If two conditions happen simultaneously, the active player decides which triggers first. So the runner wins under that scenario.

Also, all advancement counters are lost when a card is trashed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
If two conditions happen simultaneously, the active player decides which triggers first. So the runner wins under that scenario.
a couple of things:

active player does not choose overall which things trigger first

all players choose the order of their own effects

when both players trigger effects at the same time, all of the active player's effects trigger first, then the inactive player's

EDIT: and as far as scoring vs PE, think of a global continuous effect that triggers the moment any player is at 7 points: the game immediately ends, no damage is done, and it doesn't even trigger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthSmart wrote:
When I'm playing Jinteki: Personal Evolution (1 net damage on stealing/scoring agendas) and a Runner without cards steal an agenda that grants him enough points to win, who wins?

The game ends immediately when a player has 7 points, and effects that trigger upon whatever action gave the winner the 7th point aren't resolved. Therefore the runner wins in this scenario regardless of who's the active player (which becomes relevant when you factor in the fact that there is a card, An Offer You Can't Refuse, that makes it possible for the runner to run, and reach 7 points, during the corp's turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Vaduva
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthSmart wrote:
I can't find this information anywhere and it seems quite important.

Not sure if you know that Netrunner has a FAQ, so I'll post where you can find it:

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/95/7a...

The Jinteki: Personal Evolution question is answered in the FAQ:

FAQ 3.1, p. 14 wrote:
If the Runner steals an agenda from Jinteki using the core set identity, but has no cards in hand, who wins if the agenda gives the Runner his seventh point?
The Runner wins the game. Whenever a player has 7 or more agenda points in his score area, the game immediately ends. The game ending takes precedence over any conditional ability that triggers when an agenda is stolen.

The asset token question is also covered in the FAQ:

FAQ 3.1, p. 5 wrote:
If a host is trashed or uninstalled, all cards, counters, and tokens hosted on it are also trashed. This cannot be prevented. If a host Corp card is derezzed, all cards, counters, and tokens hosted on it remain hosted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.