Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm really tempted to start buying Armada modules ... devil

I've resisted till now because there are no solo rules (official or unofficial).

Any advice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
mae68it wrote:
I'm really tempted to start buying Armada modules ... devil

I've resisted till now because there are no solo rules (official or unofficial).

Any advice?

There's basically no hidden information in the game. What do you need solo rules for? Just play it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Let's say .... that I do not like to much the idea to just play at best for both sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you are looking for an AI rather than running around the table Chess style...hmmm.

It's download the rules and see if you couldn't come up with an AI on your own. It may not be too hard. The two sides have distinctive fighting styles, so simply pointing ships in a direction and not flying them off the board would work just as well as an AI

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The hardest thing will be in terms of deciding what the AI will do with a command stack (particularly the Imperials) without it seemingly being a random set of commands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a bit of thought into an AI over in the Variants forum. You'll have to play as Rebels against Star Destroyer-only Imperials, and just allow them to take commands in a semi-optimal order: Nav when they need to turn/slow down, Engineering when they are below 1/2 hull, Concentrate fire otherwise. TIEs & Interceptors head toward your squads at full speed, Bombers try and get in front of your ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.